Youngsters breeze to cup success
ROYSTON under-13s made a solid start to their season by reaching the next round of the CYCA Cup, knocking out Saffron Walden. Batting first Royston scored an impressive 117 off 20 overs for the loss of only three wickets. Skipper Bonham Harper, along wi
ROYSTON under-13s made a solid start to their season by reaching the next round of the CYCA Cup, knocking out Saffron Walden.
Batting first Royston scored an impressive 117 off 20 overs for the loss of only three wickets.
Skipper Bonham Harper, along with Jamie Seabrook, provided the main contribution with the bat, although the Royston batsmen were helped by some poor bowling from the visitors.
In reply, Saffron Walden never threatened to get anywhere near the required total and were bowled out for 34 in the last over.
You may also want to watch:
All the Royston bowlers turned in economical figures, but Max McClean bowled three overs without conceding a run, while taking three wickets in the process.
Royston will play either Linton or Sawston in the next round.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
n Royston under-15s were unable to match the success of their clubmates as they were beaten by their Saffron Walden cup opponents.
Winning the toss and electing to bat, Royston found scoring hard work, and only Toby Fynn was able to get into double figures.
As a result wickets tumbled, and the home side were bowled out for 55 before completing their allotted 20 overs.
Saffron Walden also made hard work of scoring, and lost early wickets cheaply.
The middle order did however offer sterner resistance and they were able to sneak past the Royston total in the final over.