Youngsters breeze to cup success
ROYSTON under-13s made a solid start to their season by reaching the next round of the CYCA Cup, knocking out Saffron Walden. Batting first Royston scored an impressive 117 off 20 overs for the loss of only three wickets. Skipper Bonham Harper, along wi
ROYSTON under-13s made a solid start to their season by reaching the next round of the CYCA Cup, knocking out Saffron Walden.
Batting first Royston scored an impressive 117 off 20 overs for the loss of only three wickets.
Skipper Bonham Harper, along with Jamie Seabrook, provided the main contribution with the bat, although the Royston batsmen were helped by some poor bowling from the visitors.
In reply, Saffron Walden never threatened to get anywhere near the required total and were bowled out for 34 in the last over.
All the Royston bowlers turned in economical figures, but Max McClean bowled three overs without conceding a run, while taking three wickets in the process.
Royston will play either Linton or Sawston in the next round.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 5 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 6 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 7 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'
- 9 West Side Story and The Lost Daughter coming to Royston Picture Palace screen
- 10 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community
n Royston under-15s were unable to match the success of their clubmates as they were beaten by their Saffron Walden cup opponents.
Winning the toss and electing to bat, Royston found scoring hard work, and only Toby Fynn was able to get into double figures.
As a result wickets tumbled, and the home side were bowled out for 55 before completing their allotted 20 overs.
Saffron Walden also made hard work of scoring, and lost early wickets cheaply.
The middle order did however offer sterner resistance and they were able to sneak past the Royston total in the final over.