Young Crows fly into last 16 of Herts County Cup
Royston U18s 7 Bishop’s Stortford Youth 3
ROYSTON U18s progressed to the last 16 of the County Cup with an impressive attacking performance against a very talented Bishop’s Stortford Academy Youth side.
Stortford started the better and had chances to take the lead but poor finishing and good goalkeeping from Harry Williams thwarted them and after the first 15 minutes Royston began to dominate.
The pace of the home side’s counter-attacking was far too much for an often over-stretched Stortford defence and many chances were created.
Daniel Bond opened the scoring when he ran clear to convert and two set-plays trebled that lead with Luke Reed and Bond both scoring from corners.
You may also want to watch:
That three-goal lead could have easily been doubled by the half time interval but, as it materialised, second half jitters crept in as Stortford struck twice in the early period of the half.
A fine team move and finish and a penalty made it 3-2 before Tremayne Charles scored from close range following a free kick to extend Royston’s lead.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
Another through ball allowed a forward to run free and score for Stortford to make it 4-3 but from then on the home side again took control adding to their goal tally and deservedly so.
Bond completed his hat-trick turning in Ryan Webb’s cross before Webb himself scored with a firm 20-yard strike into the corner.
Shane Crathy hooked in another corner from close range to complete a deserved victory for the Crows.