Young Crows fly into last 16 of Herts County Cup
Royston U18s 7 Bishop’s Stortford Youth 3
ROYSTON U18s progressed to the last 16 of the County Cup with an impressive attacking performance against a very talented Bishop’s Stortford Academy Youth side.
Stortford started the better and had chances to take the lead but poor finishing and good goalkeeping from Harry Williams thwarted them and after the first 15 minutes Royston began to dominate.
The pace of the home side’s counter-attacking was far too much for an often over-stretched Stortford defence and many chances were created.
Daniel Bond opened the scoring when he ran clear to convert and two set-plays trebled that lead with Luke Reed and Bond both scoring from corners.
That three-goal lead could have easily been doubled by the half time interval but, as it materialised, second half jitters crept in as Stortford struck twice in the early period of the half.
A fine team move and finish and a penalty made it 3-2 before Tremayne Charles scored from close range following a free kick to extend Royston’s lead.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 3 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 4 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 5 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 6 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 7 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 8 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
Another through ball allowed a forward to run free and score for Stortford to make it 4-3 but from then on the home side again took control adding to their goal tally and deservedly so.
Bond completed his hat-trick turning in Ryan Webb’s cross before Webb himself scored with a firm 20-yard strike into the corner.
Shane Crathy hooked in another corner from close range to complete a deserved victory for the Crows.