Young athletes represent county
GRENEWAY Year Eight pupils Sam Edney and Gareth Hallewell have been selected ahead of hundreds of young athletes to represent Hertfordshire in the England Sportshall Athletics finals. The event, which takes place in May, will see the pair pit their wits a
GRENEWAY Year Eight pupils Sam Edney and Gareth Hallewell have been selected ahead of hundreds of young athletes to represent Hertfordshire in the England Sportshall Athletics finals.
The event, which takes place in May, will see the pair pit their wits against many other of the country's promising young stars at that age.
Sam and Gareth were rewarded for their 'all-round athleticism' with this fantastic opportunity and the team will continue to train together regularly at the Gosling Stadium in Welwyn GC in preparation for the multi-skilled event.
Terry Graves, who is Assistant Headteacher and Head of PE at Greneway School, is delighted that the boys have been recognised for their efforts in the sport, and hopes it will benefit them in years to come.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "This is a superb achievement and a great opportunity for Sam and Gareth to compete against the very best in their age group and gain valuable experience the next tier of elite athletic performance.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims