Wright way to go!
THE final match of Royston and District Angling Club s Evening League took place at Thriplow Reservoir on Friday and resulted in another win for Andrea Wright. Wright s catch of 12lbs 11oz proved the difference, although Andy Jarvis came close with a seco
THE final match of Royston and District Angling Club's Evening League took place at Thriplow Reservoir on Friday and resulted in another win for Andrea Wright.
Wright's catch of 12lbs 11oz proved the difference, although Andy Jarvis came close with a second-place catch of 12lbs 7oz, while Steve McGuire came third with a catch of 10lbs 3oz.
As a result of her win, Wright topped the Evening League with 34 points, six ahead of runner-up McGuire, and eight ahead of Jarvis, who finished third.
Jarvis did claim the President's Cup however, with a winning catch of 11lbs 10oz.
You may also want to watch:
Ted Waterowski of Eternit and Rugby AC came second with a catch of 7lbs 2oz, with Alan Gypps finishing third with a catch of 6lbs 3oz. Fourth place went to Dave Saunders of Eternit who finished with 5lbs 5oz.
On Saturday the club will be hosting a Charity Match, in conjunction with their ladies' match at Thriplow Reservoir.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
The draw takes place at 2pm, with the fishing running 3-7pm, with a match fee of £5 per entrant.
For more information contact Mick Rivers on 01223 870189.