World team clinch narrow charity victory
MORE than £1,000 was raised for the Captain s Ataxia/East Anglian Air Ambulance Charity in the annual fund raising competition played between members and guests at Heydon Grange. In a change from the normal North v South format, an England team took on t
MORE than £1,000 was raised for the Captain's Ataxia/East Anglian Air Ambulance Charity in the annual fund raising competition played between members and guests at Heydon Grange.
In a change from the normal North v South format, an England team took on the Rest of the World in Ryder Cup-style match.
At the turn both sides were tied atsix and a half points each and as conditions worsened no team was able to open a significant gap.
It was left to the last pair to decide the result in favour of the Rest of the World side who amassed 20 points to England's 19.
You may also want to watch:
There was a speech of thanks to the members of Heydon Grange from Peter Taylor, the vice chairman of the Ataxia Charity, for the support Ataxia has received during the past five years.
Club captain Malcolm Knobel-Forbes went on to thank Heydon Grange Golf and Country Club for their generosity in donating all guest green fees to the charity, and offered special thanks to ladies captain Roz McKenzie who was chiefly instrumental in making the day the success it was.
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 3 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 4 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 10 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
Meanwhile, Helen Leigh will be flying high after winning the raffle for two tickets for a balloon ride