World Superbikes Championship James East claims Donington Park eighth despite torrid qualifying
- Credit: Archant
Royston’s James East clambered from 21st on the starting grid to finish eighth aboard the Downshift Motorsport Kawasaki in the World Superbikes at Donington Park last weekend.
A curious pitlane incident with another rider in the opening qualifying session saw East off into the gravel with only two laps completed, leaving him 18th.
After completing the second qualifying session, East consolidated but found himself starting from 21st place on the grid.
However, a good start saw him battle his way inside the top 10 to claim a superb eighth.
East said: “From 21st position to eighth was a hard slog but a whole lot of fun.
You may also want to watch:
“The weekend was tough, we couldn’t get a setting which would suit me but I pulled it out of the bag in the end.”
If you are interested in supporting East and becoming a team sponsor, sponsorships are still available from £500. For more information, contact James via jameseast.com or James East Racing #56 on facebook.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes