World Superbikes Championship James East claims Donington Park eighth despite torrid qualifying
- Credit: Archant
Royston’s James East clambered from 21st on the starting grid to finish eighth aboard the Downshift Motorsport Kawasaki in the World Superbikes at Donington Park last weekend.
A curious pitlane incident with another rider in the opening qualifying session saw East off into the gravel with only two laps completed, leaving him 18th.
After completing the second qualifying session, East consolidated but found himself starting from 21st place on the grid.
However, a good start saw him battle his way inside the top 10 to claim a superb eighth.
East said: “From 21st position to eighth was a hard slog but a whole lot of fun.
You may also want to watch:
“The weekend was tough, we couldn’t get a setting which would suit me but I pulled it out of the bag in the end.”
If you are interested in supporting East and becoming a team sponsor, sponsorships are still available from £500. For more information, contact James via jameseast.com or James East Racing #56 on facebook.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia