Woods is a putting master in Royston Golf Club’s Medal Winners final
- Credit: Archant
Tom Woods ensured his name appears twice on Royston Golf Club’s 2015 honours boards as he won the Medal Winners final last week.
His 68 was one shot better than second-placed Peter Rutter.
On the same day, Mick Merry won the stableford competition with 40 points ahead of Mark Crowley who shot 38.
It was Ladies Day at Royston on Saturday when captain, Libby Toby, led her team to a 3½ to 2½ victory over the men.
Supporters of Arsenal and Tottenham at the club played their annual match on Saturday.
The final outcome was a single point victory to Gary Noble’s Arsenal team against Sid Seward’s Spurs team by 217 points to 216.
A hole in one by Lee Bonney on the fifth hole, his first-ever ace, was the highlight of the day.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 6 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 7 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 8 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 9 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 10 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
The Saturday Stableford held for those not supporting either team was won by Simon Clarke on countback from Matt Bailey after both players scored 40. points.
In Sunday’s monthly medal round it took a 4 under par score of 66 to secure victory for Steve Rogers. Three players, Mal Peart, Simon Lewis and Clive Middlemass scored 67 to share second place.