Woods is a putting master in Royston Golf Club’s Medal Winners final
- Credit: Archant
Tom Woods ensured his name appears twice on Royston Golf Club’s 2015 honours boards as he won the Medal Winners final last week.
His 68 was one shot better than second-placed Peter Rutter.
On the same day, Mick Merry won the stableford competition with 40 points ahead of Mark Crowley who shot 38.
It was Ladies Day at Royston on Saturday when captain, Libby Toby, led her team to a 3½ to 2½ victory over the men.
Supporters of Arsenal and Tottenham at the club played their annual match on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The final outcome was a single point victory to Gary Noble’s Arsenal team against Sid Seward’s Spurs team by 217 points to 216.
A hole in one by Lee Bonney on the fifth hole, his first-ever ace, was the highlight of the day.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 6 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 7 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 8 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
The Saturday Stableford held for those not supporting either team was won by Simon Clarke on countback from Matt Bailey after both players scored 40. points.
In Sunday’s monthly medal round it took a 4 under par score of 66 to secure victory for Steve Rogers. Three players, Mal Peart, Simon Lewis and Clive Middlemass scored 67 to share second place.