Woods is a putting master in Royston Golf Club’s Medal Winners final
- Credit: Archant
Tom Woods ensured his name appears twice on Royston Golf Club’s 2015 honours boards as he won the Medal Winners final last week.
His 68 was one shot better than second-placed Peter Rutter.
On the same day, Mick Merry won the stableford competition with 40 points ahead of Mark Crowley who shot 38.
It was Ladies Day at Royston on Saturday when captain, Libby Toby, led her team to a 3½ to 2½ victory over the men.
Supporters of Arsenal and Tottenham at the club played their annual match on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The final outcome was a single point victory to Gary Noble’s Arsenal team against Sid Seward’s Spurs team by 217 points to 216.
A hole in one by Lee Bonney on the fifth hole, his first-ever ace, was the highlight of the day.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 4 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 7 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 9 Stagecoach bus routes changing due to lack of staff
- 10 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
The Saturday Stableford held for those not supporting either team was won by Simon Clarke on countback from Matt Bailey after both players scored 40. points.
In Sunday’s monthly medal round it took a 4 under par score of 66 to secure victory for Steve Rogers. Three players, Mal Peart, Simon Lewis and Clive Middlemass scored 67 to share second place.