Woods is a putting master in Royston Golf Club’s Medal Winners final
- Credit: Archant
Tom Woods ensured his name appears twice on Royston Golf Club’s 2015 honours boards as he won the Medal Winners final last week.
His 68 was one shot better than second-placed Peter Rutter.
On the same day, Mick Merry won the stableford competition with 40 points ahead of Mark Crowley who shot 38.
It was Ladies Day at Royston on Saturday when captain, Libby Toby, led her team to a 3½ to 2½ victory over the men.
Supporters of Arsenal and Tottenham at the club played their annual match on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The final outcome was a single point victory to Gary Noble’s Arsenal team against Sid Seward’s Spurs team by 217 points to 216.
A hole in one by Lee Bonney on the fifth hole, his first-ever ace, was the highlight of the day.
- 1 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
The Saturday Stableford held for those not supporting either team was won by Simon Clarke on countback from Matt Bailey after both players scored 40. points.
In Sunday’s monthly medal round it took a 4 under par score of 66 to secure victory for Steve Rogers. Three players, Mal Peart, Simon Lewis and Clive Middlemass scored 67 to share second place.