Wooden Spoon Charity Golf Day
THE Hertfordshire Region of the Wooden Spoon Charity held their eighth annual Golf Day at Royston Golf Club on May 19.
100 players took part and over �3000 were added to the Hertfordshire funds.
Since early 2002, when the branch was formed, over �220,000 has been spent on 11 projects in Hertfordshire to improve the lives of our disadvantaged children.
In 2010 over �30,000 has been allocated to two projects in the county, one supporting the children suffering from autism at the Tracks Charity in Stevenage, the other at Letchworth’s Wooolgrave School where children attending have moderate learning difficulties.
The winning team from Roche Products, lead by Stephen Lloyd, were the Wooden Spoon members, who will go on to represent Hertfordshire at the Wooden Spoon Golf Finals at St Pierre Golf Club at Chepstow in October.
You may also want to watch:
Pictured are some of the other Winners, from Royston Golf Club, with the organiser of the event, John Nicholl.
They are, from left to right, Graham Toby, Sid Seward (captain 2010) John Nicholl, Dave Crossley and, Barry Buckerfield (Vice Captain 2010).
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 7 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place