Wooden Spoon Charity Golf Day
THE Hertfordshire Region of the Wooden Spoon Charity held their eighth annual Golf Day at Royston Golf Club on May 19.
100 players took part and over �3000 were added to the Hertfordshire funds.
Since early 2002, when the branch was formed, over �220,000 has been spent on 11 projects in Hertfordshire to improve the lives of our disadvantaged children.
In 2010 over �30,000 has been allocated to two projects in the county, one supporting the children suffering from autism at the Tracks Charity in Stevenage, the other at Letchworth’s Wooolgrave School where children attending have moderate learning difficulties.
The winning team from Roche Products, lead by Stephen Lloyd, were the Wooden Spoon members, who will go on to represent Hertfordshire at the Wooden Spoon Golf Finals at St Pierre Golf Club at Chepstow in October.
You may also want to watch:
Pictured are some of the other Winners, from Royston Golf Club, with the organiser of the event, John Nicholl.
They are, from left to right, Graham Toby, Sid Seward (captain 2010) John Nicholl, Dave Crossley and, Barry Buckerfield (Vice Captain 2010).
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme