Wood you believe it? Crusaders romp home

THE under-18 Crusaders moved comfortably into the next round of the county cup with an 8-0 win at Abbotts Wood Youth. Oliver Lee and Tom Cookman both scored twice while Martin Kingsley, Tom Flatman, Matthew Streets and Joe Greenland all got their names on

THE under-18 Crusaders moved comfortably into the next round of the county cup with an 8-0 win at Abbotts Wood Youth. Oliver Lee and Tom Cookman both scored twice while Martin Kingsley, Tom Flatman, Matthew Streets and Joe Greenland all got their names on the score sheet.

The under-10 Templars remain second in Division A after sharing the points in a goalless draw with Broadhall 'A'.

The under-10 Crusaders remain firmly on top of Division B after goals from Kain Linnell and Nicholas Allin gave them a 2-0 victory over Broadhall B.

Meanwhile, the under-10 Knights found high flying Letchworth GCE Whites too good on the day, and a George Hewitt goal was their only consolation in a 6-1 defeat.

You may also want to watch:

A goal from top scorer Kier Boyd gave the under-10 Lancers a 1-1 draw against Letchworth GCE Blacks.

The under-11 Templars recorded a 4-1 victory over Hormead Hares with two goals coming from Daniel Nicholson and one each from Oliver Foster and George Higginson.

Most Read

A Lewis Barker goal was not enough to prevent Division One title rivals Herts Rangers taking the points against the under-12 Templars with a 2-1 scoreline.

The under-12 Crusaders suffered a narrow 3-2 against Sandy despite two goals from Iain Robinson.

To complete a bad day for the under-12s the Knights were beaten 6-4 by FC Comet despite a Jordan Bright hat trick. The Knights other goal coming courtesy of a Sandy defender .

A Joe Parker goal helped secure a point for the under-13 Templars in a 1-1 draw against Shefford Saints, but the under-14 Templars slipped to a disappointing 7-2 defeat at the hands of Royston Colts, with Oliver Crew and Jack Chatman scoring for the home side.

A goal from George Geary could not prevent the under-14 Crusaders ending up on the wrong end of a 2-1 score line against Fairlands.

The under-14 Knights remain top of Division Four despite only managing to draw at fellow title challengers Potton Colts. Potton took the lead after 15 minutes, but the Knights came battling back and last years leading scorer Mark Harper brought the sides level by firing home from a tight angle 10 minutes later to make the final score 1-1.

The under-15 Knights moved comfortably into the next round of their League Cup competition after a 5-0 win at Hormead Hares. Chris Hogg was on target twice, while Jordan Loftman, Toby Reeves and Aaron Slack added further goals.

The under-15 Lancers continue at the top of Division Two after thumping bottom placed Austen Arrowheads 8-0.

Top scorer Sam Frazer-Bossom and Jordan Pidock were both on target twice, with further goals coming from Shaun Hunt, Luke Farmer, Lee Chapman and Joel Strickland.

The under-15 Crusaders were beaten 3-0 in their match against Division Three title chasers, St Neots.

The under-16 Crusaders were beaten 4-1 by Letchworth GCE's and the under-17s 3-2, by Risden Wood with Matthew Bolton and Connor Finan grabbing the Crusaders goals.

Baldock Town Youth Templars 4 Hormead Hares U-11 1

BALDOCK were again depleted by injury and holidays, and the situation deteriorated after 15 minutes when an injury to Sam Kendle left the team with no other substitutes available.

Those first 15 minutes had been difficult for Baldock and only good defending by player of the match Corey Rodgers and saves from Alex Taylor had kept the scores level.

But the injury seemed to spur the Templars on and after 19 minutes Baldock's first real attack produced a goal as an Alex Close shot was deflected and Oliver Foster followed in to score.

Matt Judges made a couple of good tackles in defence while shots from Rodgers, Connor Doyle and Connor Gray went wide at the other end as the game opened up.

Just before half time Baldock extended the lead.

A Ryan Savage shot was deflected to Close, whose shot was parried by the goalie, and this time George Higginson was following up to make it 2-0.

Halfway through the second half Baldock scored the goal of the game, Rodgers winning the ball in defence and beating two Hares players before passing the ball to Daniel Nicholson.

Nicholson went past another two Hares players and coolly shot into the corner of the net.

Templars seemed to be cruising but Hormead were quick up front and finally sprang the offside trap to pull one back with 10 minutes still to go.

Taylor made another good save and Baldock's captain Elodie Blanchfield some good tackles as Hormead continued to attack.

Nicholson finished the game with his second goal, getting on to the end of a well taken Judges free kick to make it 4-1.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter