Wood continues her rise in Challenge Cup
SHEILA Wood won the Ladies Challenge Cup at Royston Golf Club last week. The 36 handicapper was in sparkling form to record a nett 67 for her first win of the year. Wood has seen her handicap trimmed by three shots as a result, but the margin was only t
SHEILA Wood won the Ladies Challenge Cup at Royston Golf Club last week.
The 36 handicapper was in sparkling form to record a nett 67 for her first win of the year.
Wood has seen her handicap trimmed by three shots as a result, but the margin was only two shots as the ever consistent Sarah Buckerfield, 12 handicap, returned a nett 69.
Lady captain Mary Mitchell finished third with a 70.
You may also want to watch:
The juniors held their 72 hole cup competition with a round played on four consecutive days. Adam Wright held his nerve to record a fine score of 272 (eight under par) and finish six shots clear of runner-up Jonathan Brain.
Tom Porter took third spot just ahead of Matt Graver. This Saturday sees the highlight of the juniors year, with the Junior and Cadet Championship being played on Saturday and more than 30 players taking part.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity
Favourite and current County Boys champion James Sandford will be pushed hard by fellow County player James Smith and last year's winner Tom Trimble. The presentation of prizes will be followed by a family barbecue.
Ladies ELGA Stableford: Kathy Musgrave 37 points, Gill Drewery 36 points, Libby Toby 35 points, Carolyn Devaney 35 points.
Saturday Stableford: Kevin Spencer 43 points, Bob Hart 40 points, Paul Matthews 39 points. Steve Rogers, David Sully, Mark Sherwin and Stuart Phillips all got 38 points
Mens Fourball Betterball Stableford: Tony Baker and Darren Dawson 46 points, Richard Howorth and Pete Tidey 43 points, Derek and Paul Hayden 42 points, Mick Merry and Gary Fortune 42 points.