Wood continues her rise in Challenge Cup
SHEILA Wood won the Ladies Challenge Cup at Royston Golf Club last week. The 36 handicapper was in sparkling form to record a nett 67 for her first win of the year. Wood has seen her handicap trimmed by three shots as a result, but the margin was only t
SHEILA Wood won the Ladies Challenge Cup at Royston Golf Club last week.
The 36 handicapper was in sparkling form to record a nett 67 for her first win of the year.
Wood has seen her handicap trimmed by three shots as a result, but the margin was only two shots as the ever consistent Sarah Buckerfield, 12 handicap, returned a nett 69.
Lady captain Mary Mitchell finished third with a 70.
You may also want to watch:
The juniors held their 72 hole cup competition with a round played on four consecutive days. Adam Wright held his nerve to record a fine score of 272 (eight under par) and finish six shots clear of runner-up Jonathan Brain.
Tom Porter took third spot just ahead of Matt Graver. This Saturday sees the highlight of the juniors year, with the Junior and Cadet Championship being played on Saturday and more than 30 players taking part.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
Favourite and current County Boys champion James Sandford will be pushed hard by fellow County player James Smith and last year's winner Tom Trimble. The presentation of prizes will be followed by a family barbecue.
Ladies ELGA Stableford: Kathy Musgrave 37 points, Gill Drewery 36 points, Libby Toby 35 points, Carolyn Devaney 35 points.
Saturday Stableford: Kevin Spencer 43 points, Bob Hart 40 points, Paul Matthews 39 points. Steve Rogers, David Sully, Mark Sherwin and Stuart Phillips all got 38 points
Mens Fourball Betterball Stableford: Tony Baker and Darren Dawson 46 points, Richard Howorth and Pete Tidey 43 points, Derek and Paul Hayden 42 points, Mick Merry and Gary Fortune 42 points.