Wisbech will be tough test
ROYSTON Rugby Club s first team return to action on Saturday for the third round of the EDF Junior Vase. In the previous round Royston saw off Cuffley by 18 points as Jack Hoile (2), Steve Bass, Steve Patmore and Dave Marvel all crossed the line in a 29-
ROYSTON Rugby Club's first team return to action on Saturday for the third round of the EDF Junior Vase.
In the previous round Royston saw off Cuffley by 18 points as Jack Hoile (2), Steve Bass, Steve Patmore and Dave Marvel all crossed the line in a 29-11 win.
Royston now face Eastern Counties Division One side Wisbech at home on the Heath at 3pm.
Head coach Luke Green told The Crow: "Despite having several key players out through injury, with the squad we've got I'm still confident of a good performance.
You may also want to watch:
"Wisbech play in a good league and come to the Heath on the back of some very good results. They are certainly a team in form.
"We lost quite heavily a couple of weeks ago, where our structure let us down, so I will be looking at that this week. I'm also looking for more options in attack.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
"Cup matches are always going to be hard. Even though we are at home, we will probably start the game as the underdogs, but maybe that will work in our favour as the pressure will be on them.
"We'll soon see come 5pm on Saturday!