Winning streak goes on for Royston Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
Royston Golf Club’s men continued their winning streak this weekend with a two-and-a-half to one-and-a-half home triumph against St Ives.
The Saturday Medal was won by Peter Dean with his round of 63, nine shots clear of James Smith.
On Sunday the club held a three-person team event where the best two scores counted on each hole.
The winning team was made up of Alan Lakey, Stuart Hart and Adam Dyer with their 82 points tally.
In the first round of the Jean Wilkinson Trophy against Abbotsley Golf Club, Royston Ladies stormed in with a 6-1 win.
You may also want to watch:
Then, against the same opponents in the first round of the Grace Norman Foursomes knock-out competition, they won two games to one and will now play Cambridgeshire in the second round next month.
Individual wins went to Yvonne Rogers in the Bogey Cup with a score of two-under-par, while Kim Bradfield was second with four-under-par.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
In the Alternate Stableford, Pam Bonnet got back to winning ways with 33 points in the silver division whilst Yvonne Rogers won the bronze division with 31 points.