Winning streak goes on for Royston Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
Royston Golf Club’s men continued their winning streak this weekend with a two-and-a-half to one-and-a-half home triumph against St Ives.
The Saturday Medal was won by Peter Dean with his round of 63, nine shots clear of James Smith.
On Sunday the club held a three-person team event where the best two scores counted on each hole.
The winning team was made up of Alan Lakey, Stuart Hart and Adam Dyer with their 82 points tally.
In the first round of the Jean Wilkinson Trophy against Abbotsley Golf Club, Royston Ladies stormed in with a 6-1 win.
You may also want to watch:
Then, against the same opponents in the first round of the Grace Norman Foursomes knock-out competition, they won two games to one and will now play Cambridgeshire in the second round next month.
Individual wins went to Yvonne Rogers in the Bogey Cup with a score of two-under-par, while Kim Bradfield was second with four-under-par.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
In the Alternate Stableford, Pam Bonnet got back to winning ways with 33 points in the silver division whilst Yvonne Rogers won the bronze division with 31 points.