Winning streak goes on for Royston Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
Royston Golf Club’s men continued their winning streak this weekend with a two-and-a-half to one-and-a-half home triumph against St Ives.
The Saturday Medal was won by Peter Dean with his round of 63, nine shots clear of James Smith.
On Sunday the club held a three-person team event where the best two scores counted on each hole.
The winning team was made up of Alan Lakey, Stuart Hart and Adam Dyer with their 82 points tally.
In the first round of the Jean Wilkinson Trophy against Abbotsley Golf Club, Royston Ladies stormed in with a 6-1 win.
Then, against the same opponents in the first round of the Grace Norman Foursomes knock-out competition, they won two games to one and will now play Cambridgeshire in the second round next month.
Individual wins went to Yvonne Rogers in the Bogey Cup with a score of two-under-par, while Kim Bradfield was second with four-under-par.
- 1 Street Food Heroes return to Royston
- 2 Last-ball victory keeps Reed on the rise up the Championship
- 3 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 4 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 5 A-level results 2022: When is results day and what can I expect?
- 6 Grandad celebrates 18th sailing championship win
- 7 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 8 Royston struggle to add second win to opening day success
- 9 Vintage tractor run to raise money for churches
- 10 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
In the Alternate Stableford, Pam Bonnet got back to winning ways with 33 points in the silver division whilst Yvonne Rogers won the bronze division with 31 points.