Winning streak goes on for Royston Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
Royston Golf Club’s men continued their winning streak this weekend with a two-and-a-half to one-and-a-half home triumph against St Ives.
The Saturday Medal was won by Peter Dean with his round of 63, nine shots clear of James Smith.
On Sunday the club held a three-person team event where the best two scores counted on each hole.
The winning team was made up of Alan Lakey, Stuart Hart and Adam Dyer with their 82 points tally.
In the first round of the Jean Wilkinson Trophy against Abbotsley Golf Club, Royston Ladies stormed in with a 6-1 win.
Then, against the same opponents in the first round of the Grace Norman Foursomes knock-out competition, they won two games to one and will now play Cambridgeshire in the second round next month.
Individual wins went to Yvonne Rogers in the Bogey Cup with a score of two-under-par, while Kim Bradfield was second with four-under-par.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 9 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 10 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
In the Alternate Stableford, Pam Bonnet got back to winning ways with 33 points in the silver division whilst Yvonne Rogers won the bronze division with 31 points.