Winning start for Royston as they shut out Wellingborough
- Credit: Archant
Royston Rugby Club’s ladies got their new season off to a flying start with a 29-0 win over Wellingborough.
The Northamptonshire side had been relegated last season but Royston were still steeling themselves for a tough game in Women's NC South East (North).
And they started in dogged and unrelenting fashion from the get go, driven by skipper McGillivray's vocal direction.
Their first try came midway in the half with Devereux breaking through and Fletcher adding the first of two conversions.
She scored try number two before the break and refreshed by a stirring team talk Royston returned to the field and dominated their visitors with fast-paced and clinically-executed rugby.
You may also want to watch:
Further tries followed, one more from Fletcher and two for Mather, to close out a fine day's work.
Royston's next game takes place on Sunday when they head to Buckinghamshire to take on Risborough.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event