Royston teen Lauren Winfield on lookout for sponsors to help with powerlifting world championship dream
- Credit: Archant
Teenager Lauren Winfield is looking for sponsors to help her in her quest for World Championship glory later this year.
The 18-year-old, who is a former pupil of Meridian School in the town, has been training in powerlifting for three years, working on the three different types of lift - squat, bench and deadlift.
Winfield has a personal trainer, Dan Benson, and trains at Wilmotts Gym as well in her home gym.
After winning her first competition last September, Winfield qualified for the National finals in Edinburgh last month, where she came out on top in her weight and age category with personal bests in all three lifts.
A 125kg squat, 52.5kg bench lift and 137.5kg deadlift secured her the National and European total record of 315kg and she now holds the British, European and World record for squat.
You may also want to watch:
Winfield is now hoping to take another step when she competes in the WDFPF World Championships in Germany.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images