Royston teen Lauren Winfield on lookout for sponsors to help with powerlifting world championship dream
- Credit: Archant
Teenager Lauren Winfield is looking for sponsors to help her in her quest for World Championship glory later this year.
The 18-year-old, who is a former pupil of Meridian School in the town, has been training in powerlifting for three years, working on the three different types of lift - squat, bench and deadlift.
Winfield has a personal trainer, Dan Benson, and trains at Wilmotts Gym as well in her home gym.
After winning her first competition last September, Winfield qualified for the National finals in Edinburgh last month, where she came out on top in her weight and age category with personal bests in all three lifts.
A 125kg squat, 52.5kg bench lift and 137.5kg deadlift secured her the National and European total record of 315kg and she now holds the British, European and World record for squat.
Winfield is now hoping to take another step when she competes in the WDFPF World Championships in Germany.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 4 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 8 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 9 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge