Royston teen Lauren Winfield on lookout for sponsors to help with powerlifting world championship dream
- Credit: Archant
Teenager Lauren Winfield is looking for sponsors to help her in her quest for World Championship glory later this year.
The 18-year-old, who is a former pupil of Meridian School in the town, has been training in powerlifting for three years, working on the three different types of lift - squat, bench and deadlift.
Winfield has a personal trainer, Dan Benson, and trains at Wilmotts Gym as well in her home gym.
After winning her first competition last September, Winfield qualified for the National finals in Edinburgh last month, where she came out on top in her weight and age category with personal bests in all three lifts.
A 125kg squat, 52.5kg bench lift and 137.5kg deadlift secured her the National and European total record of 315kg and she now holds the British, European and World record for squat.
You may also want to watch:
Winfield is now hoping to take another step when she competes in the WDFPF World Championships in Germany.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day