Win moves A team a step nearer to safety
ROYSTON table tennis club enjoyed a trio of wins in the latest round of league matches. The A team took a further step towards retaining their place in the Premier Division with a 6-4 win over Bedwell B. Dave Bridger and John Manley recorded two singles s
ROYSTON table tennis club enjoyed a trio of wins in the latest round of league matches.
The A team took a further step towards retaining their place in the Premier Division with a 6-4 win over Bedwell B. Dave Bridger and John Manley recorded two singles successes each, while there were also victorious in doubles. Alf Mills got the other point.
In Division One, the B team remain on course for promotion. They faced Bedwell E, and also picked up a 6-4 victory.
Yuci Gou, Mike Malone, and Martyn Symons all secured two singles victories apiece.
The C team were not in action, so the D team had the opportunity to take over as leaders of Division Two.
However, although they recorded a 6-4 win, they remain two points off top spot. Julian Lugg and Andy Teemal both claimed two singles each, and won in the doubles, and Larry Merieg added another point in the singles.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 5 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 6 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 7 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 9 Missing woman from Royston found
- 10 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
The E team were able to field only two players for their Division Three match against Bedwell G, and went down 9-1.
Nathan Hutchings scored the solitary point.