Win moves A team a step nearer to safety
ROYSTON table tennis club enjoyed a trio of wins in the latest round of league matches. The A team took a further step towards retaining their place in the Premier Division with a 6-4 win over Bedwell B. Dave Bridger and John Manley recorded two singles s
ROYSTON table tennis club enjoyed a trio of wins in the latest round of league matches.
The A team took a further step towards retaining their place in the Premier Division with a 6-4 win over Bedwell B. Dave Bridger and John Manley recorded two singles successes each, while there were also victorious in doubles. Alf Mills got the other point.
In Division One, the B team remain on course for promotion. They faced Bedwell E, and also picked up a 6-4 victory.
Yuci Gou, Mike Malone, and Martyn Symons all secured two singles victories apiece.
You may also want to watch:
The C team were not in action, so the D team had the opportunity to take over as leaders of Division Two.
However, although they recorded a 6-4 win, they remain two points off top spot. Julian Lugg and Andy Teemal both claimed two singles each, and won in the doubles, and Larry Merieg added another point in the singles.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
The E team were able to field only two players for their Division Three match against Bedwell G, and went down 9-1.
Nathan Hutchings scored the solitary point.