Win moves A team a step nearer to safety
ROYSTON table tennis club enjoyed a trio of wins in the latest round of league matches. The A team took a further step towards retaining their place in the Premier Division with a 6-4 win over Bedwell B. Dave Bridger and John Manley recorded two singles s
ROYSTON table tennis club enjoyed a trio of wins in the latest round of league matches.
The A team took a further step towards retaining their place in the Premier Division with a 6-4 win over Bedwell B. Dave Bridger and John Manley recorded two singles successes each, while there were also victorious in doubles. Alf Mills got the other point.
In Division One, the B team remain on course for promotion. They faced Bedwell E, and also picked up a 6-4 victory.
Yuci Gou, Mike Malone, and Martyn Symons all secured two singles victories apiece.
You may also want to watch:
The C team were not in action, so the D team had the opportunity to take over as leaders of Division Two.
However, although they recorded a 6-4 win, they remain two points off top spot. Julian Lugg and Andy Teemal both claimed two singles each, and won in the doubles, and Larry Merieg added another point in the singles.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
The E team were able to field only two players for their Division Three match against Bedwell G, and went down 9-1.
Nathan Hutchings scored the solitary point.