Williams strike seals Jubilee Cup win
Royston Town A 1 Westmill 0 ROYSTON claimed another Premier League scalp in the Jubilee Cup with a hard-fought win against derby rivals Westmill. And the home side owe much of their victory to young keeper Peter Lee, whose superb display kept Westmill a
Royston Town A 1 Westmill 0
ROYSTON claimed another Premier League scalp in the Jubilee Cup with a hard-fought win against derby rivals Westmill.
And the home side owe much of their victory to young keeper Peter Lee, whose superb display kept Westmill at bay throughout.
For long periods of the game, both sides cancelled each other out, although it was Lee who was the busier of the two goalkeepers.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors started the second half brightly, and pushed forward at every opportunity.
However, the game swung in Royston's favour, when Aaron Williams rifled home a blistering 25-yard strike after some clever build-up play.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
The visitors threw everything forward, but the cool heads of Royston saw them home.
The Crows will be hoping to improve on last season's cup run, in which they reached the semi final.
And if their recent form is anything to go by, they could even go one better.