Whites unable to find the equaliser
Buntingford Cougars Blues 2 Royston Celtic Whites 1 Under-12s Division One ROYSTON Celtic lost their first game of the season away to Buntingford. The visitors began well and should have scored in the first few minutes when James Rushton played a nice bal
Buntingford Cougars Blues 2 Royston Celtic Whites 1
Under-12s Division One
ROYSTON Celtic lost their first game of the season away to Buntingford.
The visitors began well and should have scored in the first few minutes when James Rushton played a nice ball through to Justin Leavers, but although the attacker's pace and strength got him through to the 'keeper his show went over the bar.
The Cougars had two shots on target in the first half and one hit the back of the net to give them the lead.
The Cougars increased their lead in the second half through an own goal, but in response Royston stepped up their game with Richard Jonas, Ben Webb, George Bailey and Rushton dong their best to play some attractive football.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 10 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
Rhys Westbury worked hard and had chance saved on the line while Callum Pinner and Jack Mills, with Lorcan George and Henderson, worked hard at the back as did Tom McGlynn and Eward Atkins when they came on.
The Cougars did have one more attack and managed to get a penalty but Robbie Ponting stood tall in the Celtic goal and pushed the ball over the bar.
Leavers was a constant threat up front and pulled a goal back for Celtic, but it wasn't to be and they left unable to find the equaliser.
Royston: Ponting, Westbury, Mills, Pinner, Leavers, Henderson, George, Jonas, Bailey, Webb, Rushton, Atkins, McGlynn.