Whites unable to find the equaliser
Buntingford Cougars Blues 2 Royston Celtic Whites 1 Under-12s Division One ROYSTON Celtic lost their first game of the season away to Buntingford. The visitors began well and should have scored in the first few minutes when James Rushton played a nice bal
Buntingford Cougars Blues 2 Royston Celtic Whites 1
Under-12s Division One
ROYSTON Celtic lost their first game of the season away to Buntingford.
The visitors began well and should have scored in the first few minutes when James Rushton played a nice ball through to Justin Leavers, but although the attacker's pace and strength got him through to the 'keeper his show went over the bar.
You may also want to watch:
The Cougars had two shots on target in the first half and one hit the back of the net to give them the lead.
The Cougars increased their lead in the second half through an own goal, but in response Royston stepped up their game with Richard Jonas, Ben Webb, George Bailey and Rushton dong their best to play some attractive football.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
Rhys Westbury worked hard and had chance saved on the line while Callum Pinner and Jack Mills, with Lorcan George and Henderson, worked hard at the back as did Tom McGlynn and Eward Atkins when they came on.
The Cougars did have one more attack and managed to get a penalty but Robbie Ponting stood tall in the Celtic goal and pushed the ball over the bar.
Leavers was a constant threat up front and pulled a goal back for Celtic, but it wasn't to be and they left unable to find the equaliser.
Royston: Ponting, Westbury, Mills, Pinner, Leavers, Henderson, George, Jonas, Bailey, Webb, Rushton, Atkins, McGlynn.