Whites unable to find the equaliser
Buntingford Cougars Blues 2 Royston Celtic Whites 1 Under-12s Division One ROYSTON Celtic lost their first game of the season away to Buntingford. The visitors began well and should have scored in the first few minutes when James Rushton played a nice bal
Buntingford Cougars Blues 2 Royston Celtic Whites 1
Under-12s Division One
ROYSTON Celtic lost their first game of the season away to Buntingford.
The visitors began well and should have scored in the first few minutes when James Rushton played a nice ball through to Justin Leavers, but although the attacker's pace and strength got him through to the 'keeper his show went over the bar.
You may also want to watch:
The Cougars had two shots on target in the first half and one hit the back of the net to give them the lead.
The Cougars increased their lead in the second half through an own goal, but in response Royston stepped up their game with Richard Jonas, Ben Webb, George Bailey and Rushton dong their best to play some attractive football.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
Rhys Westbury worked hard and had chance saved on the line while Callum Pinner and Jack Mills, with Lorcan George and Henderson, worked hard at the back as did Tom McGlynn and Eward Atkins when they came on.
The Cougars did have one more attack and managed to get a penalty but Robbie Ponting stood tall in the Celtic goal and pushed the ball over the bar.
Leavers was a constant threat up front and pulled a goal back for Celtic, but it wasn't to be and they left unable to find the equaliser.
Royston: Ponting, Westbury, Mills, Pinner, Leavers, Henderson, George, Jonas, Bailey, Webb, Rushton, Atkins, McGlynn.