Whites strike three times in second half to secure win
Bishop s Stortford Town 0 Royston Celtic Whites 3 Under-12s Division One THIS was always going to be a tough game for the Whites but they began the match very well and put in numerous good performances. Ben Webb fought for every ball in midfield while Jus
Bishop's Stortford Town 0 Royston Celtic Whites 3
Under-12s Division One
THIS was always going to be a tough game for the Whites but they began the match very well and put in numerous good performances.
Ben Webb fought for every ball in midfield while Justin Leavers caused trouble with his strength and pace on the wing.
Jack Mills played a captain's role to keep it tight at the back with support of Callum Pinner, Eamon Henderson and Tom McGlynn while Robbie Ponting had very little to do in goal but keep his concentration.
Lorcan George and James Rushton kept the movement going in midfield and Stortford could only pump the ball long as Leavers was the only player to hit the back of the net in the first half only to see his goal ruled out for offside.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 6 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 9 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 10 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
The Whites upped their game in the second half with Rhys Westbury causing lots of problems for the Stortford defence.
It was Webb, however, who got things moving for their first goal by making a challenge in midfield and picking out a pass to Richard Jonas and Westbury with the latter chipping the Stortford keeper from just outside the box.
Leavers then put his side 2-0 up after heading over the keeper after going one-on-one before Webb got a well-deserved goal to round off the performance.