Whites strike three times in second half to secure win
Bishop s Stortford Town 0 Royston Celtic Whites 3 Under-12s Division One THIS was always going to be a tough game for the Whites but they began the match very well and put in numerous good performances. Ben Webb fought for every ball in midfield while Jus
Bishop's Stortford Town 0 Royston Celtic Whites 3
Under-12s Division One
THIS was always going to be a tough game for the Whites but they began the match very well and put in numerous good performances.
Ben Webb fought for every ball in midfield while Justin Leavers caused trouble with his strength and pace on the wing.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Mills played a captain's role to keep it tight at the back with support of Callum Pinner, Eamon Henderson and Tom McGlynn while Robbie Ponting had very little to do in goal but keep his concentration.
Lorcan George and James Rushton kept the movement going in midfield and Stortford could only pump the ball long as Leavers was the only player to hit the back of the net in the first half only to see his goal ruled out for offside.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
The Whites upped their game in the second half with Rhys Westbury causing lots of problems for the Stortford defence.
It was Webb, however, who got things moving for their first goal by making a challenge in midfield and picking out a pass to Richard Jonas and Westbury with the latter chipping the Stortford keeper from just outside the box.
Leavers then put his side 2-0 up after heading over the keeper after going one-on-one before Webb got a well-deserved goal to round off the performance.