Whites seal semi-final spot
Royston Celtic Whites 2 Rising Stars 0 Under-12s League cup quarter-final ROYSTON Celtics were in complete control of this game from the start as they booked themselves a League Cup semi-final spot. Justin Leavers made the Whites intentions clear from th
Royston Celtic Whites 2 Rising Stars 0
Under-12s League cup quarter-final
ROYSTON Celtics were in complete control of this game from the start as they booked themselves a League Cup semi-final spot.
Justin Leavers made the Whites' intentions clear from the off when he received a pass from Richard Jonas before firing it towards the top corner but his first effort was saved by the visiting stopper.
You may also want to watch:
In the other goal Robbie Ponting had little to do but catch some long shots as the back four of Lorcan George, Callum Pinner, Eamon Henderson and captain Jack Mills (pictured) read the game well and made some great tackles.
The hosts' defence of Ben Webb, George Bailey and James Rushton worked hard in the face of some rugged tackles and still managed to play some good balls forward to Rhys Westbury and Leavers up front.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
Leavers it was who put his side ahead when he was set up by Jonas again before shooting low inside the near post.
Edwards Atkins came on in defence and played well and the Whites could have had two or three more before the break but for some good goalkeeping by the Stars stopper.
Ponting in the Royston goal has been working on his kicking recently and one of his long ball's saw leavers beat a defender for pace before hitting the post.
George then played another good ball through to the dangerous Leavers and he slotted him for his 35th goal of the season.
The hosts continued to press and should have had a penalty in the dying minutes but were refused one.
They now face a semi-final away to Buntingford.
Royston Celtic Whites squad: Ponting, Westbury, Mills, Pinner, Leavers, Henderson, George, Jonas, Bailey, Rushton, Webb, Atkins.