Whites seal semi-final spot
Royston Celtic Whites 2 Rising Stars 0 Under-12s League cup quarter-final ROYSTON Celtics were in complete control of this game from the start as they booked themselves a League Cup semi-final spot. Justin Leavers made the Whites intentions clear from th
Royston Celtic Whites 2 Rising Stars 0
Under-12s League cup quarter-final
ROYSTON Celtics were in complete control of this game from the start as they booked themselves a League Cup semi-final spot.
Justin Leavers made the Whites' intentions clear from the off when he received a pass from Richard Jonas before firing it towards the top corner but his first effort was saved by the visiting stopper.
You may also want to watch:
In the other goal Robbie Ponting had little to do but catch some long shots as the back four of Lorcan George, Callum Pinner, Eamon Henderson and captain Jack Mills (pictured) read the game well and made some great tackles.
The hosts' defence of Ben Webb, George Bailey and James Rushton worked hard in the face of some rugged tackles and still managed to play some good balls forward to Rhys Westbury and Leavers up front.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
Leavers it was who put his side ahead when he was set up by Jonas again before shooting low inside the near post.
Edwards Atkins came on in defence and played well and the Whites could have had two or three more before the break but for some good goalkeeping by the Stars stopper.
Ponting in the Royston goal has been working on his kicking recently and one of his long ball's saw leavers beat a defender for pace before hitting the post.
George then played another good ball through to the dangerous Leavers and he slotted him for his 35th goal of the season.
The hosts continued to press and should have had a penalty in the dying minutes but were refused one.
They now face a semi-final away to Buntingford.
Royston Celtic Whites squad: Ponting, Westbury, Mills, Pinner, Leavers, Henderson, George, Jonas, Bailey, Rushton, Webb, Atkins.