Whites celebrate huge win
Markyate Juniors 0 Royston Celtic Whites 9 Under-12s County Cup THIS was a near perfect performance from Celtic Whites. They began strongly with Callum Pinner heading on to the bar before Richard Jonas put his side ahead. Rhys Westbury got his first of th
Markyate Juniors 0 Royston Celtic Whites 9
Under-12s County Cup
THIS was a near perfect performance from Celtic Whites.
They began strongly with Callum Pinner heading on to the bar before Richard Jonas put his side ahead.
You may also want to watch:
Rhys Westbury got his first of the match after some good midfield play by Ben Webb and George Bailey and nipped in soon after for his second after the Markyate 'keeper could only parry James Rushton's shot.
A third came soon afterwards for the flying Westbury when he ran on to an intelligent through ball from man-of-the-match Bailey and kept his head to finish in style.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 5 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 9 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 10 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
It was not all one way traffic though, and Jack Mills had to be in control at the back with Eamon Henderson dependable at left back and Edward Atkins at right back and goalkeeper Robbie Ponting was twice called upon to make good saves.
In the second half the Celtics were even stronger and Bailey finished to make it 5-0 before Rushton slotted home for his team's sixth.
Leavers then got a hat-trick, including a penalty, as Royston wrapped up proceedings.
Tom McGlynn came on and kept it tight at the back as did Joseph Ryding slotting into the midfield.
Royston Celtic Whites: Ponting, Westbury, Mills, Pinner, Leavers, Henderson, George, Webb, Atkins, Rushton, McGlynn, Ryding.