Whites celebrate huge win
Markyate Juniors 0 Royston Celtic Whites 9 Under-12s County Cup THIS was a near perfect performance from Celtic Whites. They began strongly with Callum Pinner heading on to the bar before Richard Jonas put his side ahead. Rhys Westbury got his first of th
Markyate Juniors 0 Royston Celtic Whites 9
Under-12s County Cup
THIS was a near perfect performance from Celtic Whites.
They began strongly with Callum Pinner heading on to the bar before Richard Jonas put his side ahead.
You may also want to watch:
Rhys Westbury got his first of the match after some good midfield play by Ben Webb and George Bailey and nipped in soon after for his second after the Markyate 'keeper could only parry James Rushton's shot.
A third came soon afterwards for the flying Westbury when he ran on to an intelligent through ball from man-of-the-match Bailey and kept his head to finish in style.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 5 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 10 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
It was not all one way traffic though, and Jack Mills had to be in control at the back with Eamon Henderson dependable at left back and Edward Atkins at right back and goalkeeper Robbie Ponting was twice called upon to make good saves.
In the second half the Celtics were even stronger and Bailey finished to make it 5-0 before Rushton slotted home for his team's sixth.
Leavers then got a hat-trick, including a penalty, as Royston wrapped up proceedings.
Tom McGlynn came on and kept it tight at the back as did Joseph Ryding slotting into the midfield.
Royston Celtic Whites: Ponting, Westbury, Mills, Pinner, Leavers, Henderson, George, Webb, Atkins, Rushton, McGlynn, Ryding.