Whites beat Stotfold after paying respect to the casualties of war
Royston Celtic Whites 4 Stotfold Juniors 0 Under-12s Sainsbury Cup Second Round BOTH sets of players paid their respects to our war heroes with a moment s silence before this tie on Sunday. When the match began the Whites carried on from where they had le
Royston Celtic Whites 4 Stotfold Juniors 0
Under-12s Sainsbury Cup Second Round
BOTH sets of players paid their respects to our war heroes with a moment's silence before this tie on Sunday.
When the match began the Whites carried on from where they had left off last week and had all of the early play.
You may also want to watch:
Stotfold had appeared to have done their homework and played just one up front which meant the midfield was stifled, but some firm tackling from Ben Webb and good skills from George Bailey was able to open them up.
Richard Jonas' vision played in Justin Leavers and Rhys Westbury time and again as Leavers' power and pace caused all sorts of problems for Stotfold.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
The scoreline remained 0-0 at the break, however, as the work by Callum Pinner, James Rushton, Tom McGlynn and Eamon Henderson kept their opponents at bay.
The Whites stepped up a level in the second half with Jack Mills entering the arena, and after some great team play Westbury put his side ahead.
Westbury then got his second following some good work by Bailey and sealed his hat-trick following a Jonas corner.
Stotfold tried hard but only had the one chance which Robbie Ponting was equal to, while Bailey finished off the scoring when he took the ball of Jonas and beat three or four players before slotting the ball home for a well served win.
Royston Celtic Whites: Ponting, Westbury, Mills, Pinner, Leavers, Henderson, Jonas, Bailey, Webb, Atkins, Rushton, McGlynn, Ryding.