White weighs in with a double
BUNTINGFORD made the perfect start to the cricket season with a four-wicket victory against Hockerill on Sunday. On a typically damp April wicket, a low-scoring match was always on the cards, but Pawltrey (25) and Radford (30) helped the visitors from Bis
BUNTINGFORD made the perfect start to the cricket season with a four-wicket victory against Hockerill on Sunday.
On a typically damp April wicket, a low-scoring match was always on the cards, but Pawltrey (25) and Radford (30) helped the visitors from Bishop's Stortford to a lowly 140-9 in their 40 overs.
The wickets were shared around the Buntingford bowlers, with five of seven used gaining at least one success, led by Karl White with 2-8 off his eight overs.
Martin Coote (22) and Chris Chambers (20) put the hosts in a winning position before Michael Townsend (18 not out) saw Buntingford home in the final over of the match.
You may also want to watch:
- The Crow will continue its unrivalled coverage of local cricket throughout the 2006 season. Deadline remains at 9am on a Tuesday, and scorecards can be obtained in either electronic or paper versions by e-mailing email@example.com or phoning 01763 250222.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day