White weighs in with a double
BUNTINGFORD made the perfect start to the cricket season with a four-wicket victory against Hockerill on Sunday. On a typically damp April wicket, a low-scoring match was always on the cards, but Pawltrey (25) and Radford (30) helped the visitors from Bis
BUNTINGFORD made the perfect start to the cricket season with a four-wicket victory against Hockerill on Sunday.
On a typically damp April wicket, a low-scoring match was always on the cards, but Pawltrey (25) and Radford (30) helped the visitors from Bishop's Stortford to a lowly 140-9 in their 40 overs.
The wickets were shared around the Buntingford bowlers, with five of seven used gaining at least one success, led by Karl White with 2-8 off his eight overs.
Martin Coote (22) and Chris Chambers (20) put the hosts in a winning position before Michael Townsend (18 not out) saw Buntingford home in the final over of the match.
- The Crow will continue its unrivalled coverage of local cricket throughout the 2006 season. Deadline remains at 9am on a Tuesday, and scorecards can be obtained in either electronic or paper versions by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 01763 250222.
- 1 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Disruption to train lines between Royston and Cambridge
- 4 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 5 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 6 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 7 Royston crews' tribute after 'incredible' fire dog's death
- 8 Meet the cast of Cambridge Arts Theatre's family pantomime Aladdin
- 9 Bronze Age hoards containing around 200 items found near Royston
- 10 Royston museum under new management