Weather takes toll on opening matches
ROYSTON Tennis Club have now commenced their winter league matches and true to form the weather caused the cancellation of the first matches for the mixed second and men s second teams. These will be rescheduled for later on in the season. The ladies t
ROYSTON Tennis Club have now commenced their winter league matches and true to form the weather caused the cancellation of the first matches for the mixed second and men's second teams.
These will be rescheduled for later on in the season.
The ladies team of Emma Windred, Karin Lambert, Kathy Betts and Jill Birch won their first outing 5 - 3 away to Huntingdon seconds.
The mixed first team had a narrow defeat in their first match in the first division away to Huntingdon firsts but bounced back in their second match at home against Great Shelford seconds with a resounding 7-1 win.
You may also want to watch:
The winning team was Christine Knight, Richard Fosbeary, Pru Burton, Andy Holmes and John Goodbody.
The mixed second team did not fair so well with their match at home to Gransdens first team, losing to them 7-1, with the team being David Addison, Karin Lambert, Andy Holmes and Ann Smith.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!