Weather takes toll on opening matches
ROYSTON Tennis Club have now commenced their winter league matches and true to form the weather caused the cancellation of the first matches for the mixed second and men s second teams. These will be rescheduled for later on in the season. The ladies t
ROYSTON Tennis Club have now commenced their winter league matches and true to form the weather caused the cancellation of the first matches for the mixed second and men's second teams.
These will be rescheduled for later on in the season.
The ladies team of Emma Windred, Karin Lambert, Kathy Betts and Jill Birch won their first outing 5 - 3 away to Huntingdon seconds.
The mixed first team had a narrow defeat in their first match in the first division away to Huntingdon firsts but bounced back in their second match at home against Great Shelford seconds with a resounding 7-1 win.
You may also want to watch:
The winning team was Christine Knight, Richard Fosbeary, Pru Burton, Andy Holmes and John Goodbody.
The mixed second team did not fair so well with their match at home to Gransdens first team, losing to them 7-1, with the team being David Addison, Karin Lambert, Andy Holmes and Ann Smith.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 3 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 10 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?