We were sloppy, says Ross
Rickmansworth 6 Royston 2 ROYSTON suffered their second defeat of the season at Rickmansworth on Saturday. And it was the home side that started the brightest, and dominated the early possession and territory, and almost took the lead on a number of occ
Rickmansworth 6 Royston 2
ROYSTON suffered their second defeat of the season at Rickmansworth on Saturday.
And it was the home side that started the brightest, and dominated the early possession and territory, and almost took the lead on a number of occasions.
At the other end, Royston created their own chances, and were also unlucky not to go in front early on.
You may also want to watch:
However, the Crows are still without their main source of goals in the form of the injured Owen Russell, Nick Hurd and Morne Joubert, which would prove a telling factor in the club's defeat.
And the visitors managed to shoot themselves in the foot thanks to some poor defensive errors and after dominating the majority of the first half they soon found themselves trailing by four goals shortly after half-time.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 8 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
Royston then took advantage of one of many short corners with Dave Barker opening their account. Dan Smith then managed to snatch another for the Crows, but any chance of a late revival were smashed when Rickmansworth broke and hit Royston with two more goals.
Vice captain, Nick Ross said: "We conceded some sloppy goals today. If we had taken our early chances it would have completely changed the complexion of the match.