We’re starting to gel, says skipper Stu
WATCHING from the Garden Walk sidelines, injured captain Stuart Snowden said he was impressed with Saturday s 1-0 win against the previously unbeaten Buckingham Athletic. He said: It was a good result and important that we picked up three points in the
WATCHING from the Garden Walk sidelines, injured captain Stuart Snowden said he was impressed with Saturday's 1-0 win against the previously unbeaten Buckingham Athletic.
He said: "It was a good result and important that we picked up three points in the league.
"It was nice to see the team playing good football, and from what I've seen we're starting to gel."
After limping out of Royston's previous match against FC Clacton with an ankle injury, the skipper has been able to assess his team mates from somewhat unfamiliar territory.
"I would much rather be playing and hate not being out on the pitch," said Snowden.
"It's a frustrating time for me at the moment.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 6 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 7 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 8 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 9 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
"However, the team itself looked good and kept possession all over the pitch.
"They looked confident, and to be honest, we probably should have won by a few more.
"Hopefully we can build on the last two performances and get a few more wins under our belt.
"It's been a disappointing start to the season but we know we can play a lot better."
Snowden was full of praise for the defence, especially for his replacement David Daniels, and Michael Baker.
He said: "When Baker plays like he did on Saturday he's like a man mountain.
"And alongside him, Daniels also did well and looked comfortable on the ball.
"They all did well, and they never looked troubled by the Buckingham attack.
"They didn't have an awful lot to do, but when they were called upon they did what was needed.