We deserved the league title - Attfield
ROYSTON boss Paul Attfield has heaped praise on his young team after they secured promotion to the Spartan South Midlands Premier Division. Attfield told the Crow: We ve led from the front this year and the lads have done fantastically well and deserve t
ROYSTON boss Paul Attfield has heaped praise on his young team after they secured promotion to the Spartan South Midlands Premier Division.
Attfield told the Crow: "We've led from the front this year and the lads have done fantastically well and deserve the title.
"The team spirit has been superb and the players' dedication and commitment has been really impressive and I'm not surprised they have done as well as they have.
"For me the thing that sums up our title win is when we went to Kings Langley last week and against the second best team in the league, and a very physically demanding side, we came away with all three points.
"They are a young side but they grew into mature players in that game.
"Since then we have beaten Cranfield and Hoddesdon, the two other form teams, and scored a host of goals so I'm delighted."
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 5 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 6 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 7 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
Attfield also believes his young side have enough quality to be competitive in the Premier Division next year.
He said: "They're biting at the bit to be given a go against Premier Division opposition and we've certain got enough quality to be competitive.
"We've beaten teams from the leagues above us in the cups so we know we can do it, it's just that now we will have to do it on a regular basis.
"We deserve the right to have a go at it and we'll do our best to make sure this season isn't wasted.