We can bounce back against Lions, says Daly
Tom Howard BUNTINGFORD Town chairman Richard Daly says the club are confident of bouncing back against London Lions on Saturday. Town slumped to their fourth straight defeat last weekend, going down at Bedmond S & S Club – who were bottom of the Herts S
BUNTINGFORD Town chairman Richard Daly says the club are confident of bouncing back against London Lions on Saturday.
Town slumped to their fourth straight defeat last weekend, going down at Bedmond S & S Club - who were bottom of the Herts Senior County League Premier Division.
Alex Cox scored his first goal for the first team, with Gareth Clarke and Phil Fisher also on target.
You may also want to watch:
However, Luke Capon's side lost 4-3 in what was a tight, entertaining affair.
Town are on their travels again on Saturday for their ninth away fixture in 10 games, with a trip to London Lions.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 10 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
A defeat for Town would push them out of the top five for the first time this season.
Daly said: "Although results haven't gone our way in recent weeks we are confident.
"We've already beaten the Lions once this season 3-2, and we're not worried that they are just a point behind, because we still have a game in hand.
"But it should be a good game."
# Buntingford Reserves entertain fourth-placed Evergreen Reserves at the Bury on Saturday, 2.30pm.