Watch out Tiger Woods! It’s Dominic
Tom Brown email@example.com MELBOURN golf starlet Dominic Clemons has qualified for the Junior World Golf Championships. Five-year-old Dominic won his first junior competition at Graveley Golf Club in June. Since then the talented Melbourn Primary
MELBOURN golf starlet Dominic Clemons has qualified for the Junior World Golf Championships.
Five-year-old Dominic won his first junior competition at Graveley Golf Club in June.
Since then the talented Melbourn Primary School pupil has continued to shine and now boasts an impressive trophy collection.
And after finishing runner-up in the under-six national final held at the Belfry, the youngster is now set to showcase his talents stateside.
- 1 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Disruption to train lines between Royston and Cambridge
- 4 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 5 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 6 Meet the cast of Cambridge Arts Theatre's family pantomime Aladdin
- 7 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 8 Royston crews' tribute after 'incredible' fire dog's death
- 9 Bronze Age hoards containing around 200 items found near Royston
- 10 Royston museum under new management
Dominic's dad Mike, who is a professional golfer said: "He's continued to improve and he has really been in fantastic form. He shows so much enthusiasm for the game and just has a natural talent.
"He eats and sleeps golf, and this will be an incredible experience for him. We're all obviously very proud!
"Hopefully he'll do well, but the main thing is that he enjoys himself!"
Dominic will fly to San Diego with his family in July, where he will compete with more than 30 other under-six golfers from across the globe.
The Junior World Championships has a prestigious reputation, and its previous winners include Ernie Els, Phil Mickleson and five-times winner Tiger Woods.
Dominic, who packs an incredible 120-yard drive, said: "I'm really looking forward to playing in America and I'm going to try by best!