Wanderers line up league cup final bid
Woodson Park 0 Buntingford Wanderers 2 NEWLY-formed Buntingford Wanderers have made it through to the final of the Hertford and District League Division One Cup. Tony Dent s team came away from their clash with Woodson Park with a comfortable 2-0 win wi
Woodson Park 0 Buntingford Wanderers 2
NEWLY-formed Buntingford Wanderers have made it through to the final of the Hertford and District League Division One Cup.
Tony Dent's team came away from their clash with Woodson Park with a comfortable 2-0 win with first-half strikes from Russ Tuffts and Liam Paine.
Wanderers' solid defending and ice cool finishing sent them into the final, on Friday, March 28.
You may also want to watch:
Dent's side are also in the semi final of the Jubilee Cup, where they will take on Harlow Link of the Premier Division.
n Buntingford Wanderers Reserves saw off Cottered Reserves 5-0 with both Tom Davey and Jamie McGuire adding double strikes to Will Clarke's opener.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 10 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
All five goals were scored in the first half as Wanderers ran riot. However, they could not add to their tally, despite a number of second-half chances.
On Saturday, the reserves entertain Waltham Abbey B in the Division Three Cup semi final, at the Seth Ward Community Centre, 2.30pm.
A club spokesman said: "It's great to see both teams doing so well. They have trained hard, competed and played some great football this season."
Buntingford Cougars 1 Ware Saviours 3
DESPITE taking a 1-0 lead Buntingford Cougars slipped to defeat on Sunday.
Cougars had a number of chances to win the game, with Ray Quinn opening the scoring with a well-taken strike.
However, against the run of play the visitors hit back with an equaliser just before half-time and added two more shortly after the interval.