Wanderers line up league cup final bid
Woodson Park 0 Buntingford Wanderers 2 NEWLY-formed Buntingford Wanderers have made it through to the final of the Hertford and District League Division One Cup. Tony Dent s team came away from their clash with Woodson Park with a comfortable 2-0 win wi
Woodson Park 0 Buntingford Wanderers 2
NEWLY-formed Buntingford Wanderers have made it through to the final of the Hertford and District League Division One Cup.
Tony Dent's team came away from their clash with Woodson Park with a comfortable 2-0 win with first-half strikes from Russ Tuffts and Liam Paine.
Wanderers' solid defending and ice cool finishing sent them into the final, on Friday, March 28.
You may also want to watch:
Dent's side are also in the semi final of the Jubilee Cup, where they will take on Harlow Link of the Premier Division.
n Buntingford Wanderers Reserves saw off Cottered Reserves 5-0 with both Tom Davey and Jamie McGuire adding double strikes to Will Clarke's opener.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
All five goals were scored in the first half as Wanderers ran riot. However, they could not add to their tally, despite a number of second-half chances.
On Saturday, the reserves entertain Waltham Abbey B in the Division Three Cup semi final, at the Seth Ward Community Centre, 2.30pm.
A club spokesman said: "It's great to see both teams doing so well. They have trained hard, competed and played some great football this season."
Buntingford Cougars 1 Ware Saviours 3
DESPITE taking a 1-0 lead Buntingford Cougars slipped to defeat on Sunday.
Cougars had a number of chances to win the game, with Ray Quinn opening the scoring with a well-taken strike.
However, against the run of play the visitors hit back with an equaliser just before half-time and added two more shortly after the interval.