Waller wades in with biggest weight
ROYSTON and District Angling Club s Officers Match was fished at Clavering in conjunction with Rugby Cement. The top weight went to Steve Waller of Rugby with 83 lbs 7 oz. In second was Steve Speed of Rugby with 76 lbs 12 oz while Ian Palmer, also of Rug
ROYSTON and District Angling Club's Officers' Match was fished at Clavering in conjunction with Rugby Cement.
The top weight went to Steve Waller of Rugby with 83 lbs 7 oz.
In second was Steve Speed of Rugby with 76 lbs 12 oz while Ian Palmer, also of Rugby, was third with a weight of 64 lbs 11 oz.
Fourth was Dave Gay, also of Rugby, with 56 lbs 4 oz while in fifth was Andrea Wright, Royston, who weighed in 53 lbs 11 oz and won the Officers' Cup.
Kelvin Stanford was runner-up with 50 lbs 14 oz.
The Third PC Match will be fished at Magpie Lake, Waterbeach, on Sunday October 18.
- 1 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
Anyone wishing to fish, please ring Mick Rivers on (01223) 870189.