Waller wades in with biggest weight
ROYSTON and District Angling Club s Officers Match was fished at Clavering in conjunction with Rugby Cement. The top weight went to Steve Waller of Rugby with 83 lbs 7 oz. In second was Steve Speed of Rugby with 76 lbs 12 oz while Ian Palmer, also of Rug
ROYSTON and District Angling Club's Officers' Match was fished at Clavering in conjunction with Rugby Cement.
The top weight went to Steve Waller of Rugby with 83 lbs 7 oz.
In second was Steve Speed of Rugby with 76 lbs 12 oz while Ian Palmer, also of Rugby, was third with a weight of 64 lbs 11 oz.
Fourth was Dave Gay, also of Rugby, with 56 lbs 4 oz while in fifth was Andrea Wright, Royston, who weighed in 53 lbs 11 oz and won the Officers' Cup.
Kelvin Stanford was runner-up with 50 lbs 14 oz.
The Third PC Match will be fished at Magpie Lake, Waterbeach, on Sunday October 18.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 3 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 6 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 7 Little Seedlings workshops to teach budding gardeners this summer
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 10 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
Anyone wishing to fish, please ring Mick Rivers on (01223) 870189.