Volleyball girls finish third in county finals
- Credit: Archant
Meridian School’s U15 volleyball team have claimed third place at the Herts School Games.
The girls represented North East Herts at the competition and qualified as group runner-up in the pool stage following wins over St Albans Girls’ School and Birchwood, losing only to Stanborough.
In the semi-final Meridian came up against a strong Fearnhill side and were defeated 26-22.
In the third/fourth place play-off, Meridian came up against Stanborough once again. Their opponents took an early lead but Meridian fought back to bring the scores level before clinching a 23-20 victory.
Miss Crawford-Smith of the Meridian PE department said: “The team have been committed to attending volleyball club for the last two years and to finish with a medal at the county finals is just amazing.
“It proves that dedication and hard work pays off and we can now say we’re third in the county at volleyball.”
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 9 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 10 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'