Volleyball girls finish third in county finals
- Credit: Archant
Meridian School’s U15 volleyball team have claimed third place at the Herts School Games.
The girls represented North East Herts at the competition and qualified as group runner-up in the pool stage following wins over St Albans Girls’ School and Birchwood, losing only to Stanborough.
In the semi-final Meridian came up against a strong Fearnhill side and were defeated 26-22.
In the third/fourth place play-off, Meridian came up against Stanborough once again. Their opponents took an early lead but Meridian fought back to bring the scores level before clinching a 23-20 victory.
Miss Crawford-Smith of the Meridian PE department said: “The team have been committed to attending volleyball club for the last two years and to finish with a medal at the county finals is just amazing.
You may also want to watch:
“It proves that dedication and hard work pays off and we can now say we’re third in the county at volleyball.”
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire