Volleyball girls finish third in county finals
- Credit: Archant
Meridian School’s U15 volleyball team have claimed third place at the Herts School Games.
The girls represented North East Herts at the competition and qualified as group runner-up in the pool stage following wins over St Albans Girls’ School and Birchwood, losing only to Stanborough.
In the semi-final Meridian came up against a strong Fearnhill side and were defeated 26-22.
In the third/fourth place play-off, Meridian came up against Stanborough once again. Their opponents took an early lead but Meridian fought back to bring the scores level before clinching a 23-20 victory.
Miss Crawford-Smith of the Meridian PE department said: “The team have been committed to attending volleyball club for the last two years and to finish with a medal at the county finals is just amazing.
You may also want to watch:
“It proves that dedication and hard work pays off and we can now say we’re third in the county at volleyball.”
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre