Victorious under-eights team has help@hand
Bassingbourn Youth FC under-eights launched their new navy strip from sponsors help@hand with an exciting 2-1 victory against Baldock. After a even start, a long clearance found Bass striker James Bairstow in the box, who slipped the ball past Baldock s k
Bassingbourn Youth FC under-eights launched their new navy strip from sponsors help@hand with an exciting 2-1 victory against Baldock.
After a even start, a long clearance found Bass striker James Bairstow in the box, who slipped the ball past Baldock's keeper at the second attempt.
Good goalkeeping from Baldock then kept out further attacks from Bairstow - Evan Goldman and Ben Blower working well together.
A long Baldock goal kick led to a shot punched away by Bass keeper Becan Davies, but the follow-up was too good and levelled the scores.
You may also want to watch:
After more end-to-end football, Davies needed to make two great saves in quick succession before Charlie Colling could make the vital clearance.
The second half saw Bass keeping up the pressure, with Aytan Sarisoy and substitute Jacob Bayliss pushing the play forward.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 3 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 6 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
Bass's second goal came from a smart pass from Goldman to Bairstow, who beat the keeper with a powerful shot.
The last 10 minutes were nerve-wracking football, with shots from both sides including near misses for Bass when Colling hit a post and Blower had a goal disallowed.
- Bradley Pryor, James Bairstow and visiting defender were on target in the B team's 5-3 loss against Baldock.