Victorious under-eights team has help@hand
Bassingbourn Youth FC under-eights launched their new navy strip from sponsors help@hand with an exciting 2-1 victory against Baldock. After a even start, a long clearance found Bass striker James Bairstow in the box, who slipped the ball past Baldock s k
Bassingbourn Youth FC under-eights launched their new navy strip from sponsors help@hand with an exciting 2-1 victory against Baldock.
After a even start, a long clearance found Bass striker James Bairstow in the box, who slipped the ball past Baldock's keeper at the second attempt.
Good goalkeeping from Baldock then kept out further attacks from Bairstow - Evan Goldman and Ben Blower working well together.
A long Baldock goal kick led to a shot punched away by Bass keeper Becan Davies, but the follow-up was too good and levelled the scores.
After more end-to-end football, Davies needed to make two great saves in quick succession before Charlie Colling could make the vital clearance.
The second half saw Bass keeping up the pressure, with Aytan Sarisoy and substitute Jacob Bayliss pushing the play forward.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 3 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 4 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 5 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 6 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 7 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 8 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 10 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
Bass's second goal came from a smart pass from Goldman to Bairstow, who beat the keeper with a powerful shot.
The last 10 minutes were nerve-wracking football, with shots from both sides including near misses for Bass when Colling hit a post and Blower had a goal disallowed.
- Bradley Pryor, James Bairstow and visiting defender were on target in the B team's 5-3 loss against Baldock.