Victories for Hearts and Diamonds were always on the cards
Royston Town Youth Hearts and Diamonds under-nines both enjoyed good results at the weekend when they played away to Bishop s Stortford. In the first match Royston controlled the first half, going in at half time 4-0 with two own goals and two from Adam T
Royston Town Youth Hearts and Diamonds under-nines both enjoyed good results at the weekend when they played away to Bishop's Stortford.
In the first match Royston controlled the first half, going in at half time 4-0 with two own goals and two from Adam Taylor, up but the second half proved more difficult for Royston with their opponents fighting back with two goals.
Royston responded with another fine strike from Taylor, who completing his hat-trick, and together with superb goalkeeping from Charlie Johnson they put the game out of the reach of Stortford.
The final score was 5-2 to Royston.
You may also want to watch:
In the second match some excellent passing and solid defending saw Royston secure a comfortable 6-1 win.
Thomas Allen was deservedly named man-of-the-match after finding the back of the net an impressive four times while Charlie Johnson added another and then a superb free kick from Louis Blair completed the Royston scoring.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
Bishop's Stortford continued to battle throughout and were rewarded with a late goal.