Vicky shines for Royston
Royston Ladies 1 St Neots 2nd XI 1 Royston had to settle for a share of the spoils in an unpredictable game. Royston were quick to take possession and within five minutes a great pass from Sarah Buckerield saw Sophia Gathercole score their only goal from
Royston Ladies 1
St Neots 2nd XI 1
Royston had to settle for a share of the spoils in an unpredictable game.
Royston were quick to take possession and within five minutes a great pass from Sarah Buckerield saw Sophia Gathercole score their only goal from the top of the D.
You may also want to watch:
Up and coming Kirsty Penfold showed her skill throughout the game as she made many great runs on the left wing.
St Neots were unable to outwit player of the match Vicky Bidwell at the back.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
A couple of short corners were awarded to St Neots but they were unable to convert as goalkeeper Mel Visagi denied them.
The second half saw Royston start strongly again and an early short corner awarded.
Towards the end of the game, St Neots caught Royston out and managed an equaliser.
Royston Ladies 3rd 1
West Herts 3
The scoreline did not reflect the pattern of the game with new members in the team.
A Jess Woodhouse goal in the first 15 minutes boosted Royston's confidence.
They were unlucky not to score more when both Heather Polge and Lisa Thompson had several shots on goal.
After half time West Herts came out stronger and scored two goals in quick succession.
Without Di Hassen and Gemma Luckman being strong in defence and player of the match Tash Ball playing well in goal, West Herts could have scored more.