Vets’ winning streak comes to an end
Therfield Fox & Duck 1 Royston Town Vets 1
ROYSTON TOWN VETS’ 100 per cent start to the season came to an end on Sunday when they were held at Therfield Fox & Duck.
Town found it difficult to get their passing game going on a heavy pitch and it was Fox & Duck who looked the more threatening side in the first 20 minutes. Town were penalised for a handball just outside the penalty area and from the resultant free kick the hosts’ centre forward blasted the ball into the far top corner to give them the lead.
Town enjoyed more possession but resorted to long-range shooting and never looked like scoring in the first half.
With Town kicking down the slope after the break they began to create more openings and set up a number of chances with Peter Leete especially looking dangerous. However, the home goalkeeper was in inspired form and denied Town on a number of occasions.
They finally scored a deserved equaliser on the hour mark when Leete latched onto a keeper’s clearance and drilled a right foot shot into the roof of the net.
Further chances fell to both teams but the match ended in a stalemate.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 6 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 7 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 8 Cambridge Literary Festival is back with first names announced for spring 2022 showpiece
- 9 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 10 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
Royston Town Vets: Dobson, Flack (Makowski 45), Smith, King, Brown, Pinner (Cooper 45), Hagger, Moulding, Barthrop (Humphries 60), Lewis (Allen 70), Leete.