Vets’ winning streak comes to an end
Therfield Fox & Duck 1 Royston Town Vets 1
ROYSTON TOWN VETS’ 100 per cent start to the season came to an end on Sunday when they were held at Therfield Fox & Duck.
Town found it difficult to get their passing game going on a heavy pitch and it was Fox & Duck who looked the more threatening side in the first 20 minutes. Town were penalised for a handball just outside the penalty area and from the resultant free kick the hosts’ centre forward blasted the ball into the far top corner to give them the lead.
Town enjoyed more possession but resorted to long-range shooting and never looked like scoring in the first half.
With Town kicking down the slope after the break they began to create more openings and set up a number of chances with Peter Leete especially looking dangerous. However, the home goalkeeper was in inspired form and denied Town on a number of occasions.
You may also want to watch:
They finally scored a deserved equaliser on the hour mark when Leete latched onto a keeper’s clearance and drilled a right foot shot into the roof of the net.
Further chances fell to both teams but the match ended in a stalemate.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
Royston Town Vets: Dobson, Flack (Makowski 45), Smith, King, Brown, Pinner (Cooper 45), Hagger, Moulding, Barthrop (Humphries 60), Lewis (Allen 70), Leete.