Vets’ winning streak comes to an end
Therfield Fox & Duck 1 Royston Town Vets 1
ROYSTON TOWN VETS’ 100 per cent start to the season came to an end on Sunday when they were held at Therfield Fox & Duck.
Town found it difficult to get their passing game going on a heavy pitch and it was Fox & Duck who looked the more threatening side in the first 20 minutes. Town were penalised for a handball just outside the penalty area and from the resultant free kick the hosts’ centre forward blasted the ball into the far top corner to give them the lead.
Town enjoyed more possession but resorted to long-range shooting and never looked like scoring in the first half.
With Town kicking down the slope after the break they began to create more openings and set up a number of chances with Peter Leete especially looking dangerous. However, the home goalkeeper was in inspired form and denied Town on a number of occasions.
You may also want to watch:
They finally scored a deserved equaliser on the hour mark when Leete latched onto a keeper’s clearance and drilled a right foot shot into the roof of the net.
Further chances fell to both teams but the match ended in a stalemate.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
Royston Town Vets: Dobson, Flack (Makowski 45), Smith, King, Brown, Pinner (Cooper 45), Hagger, Moulding, Barthrop (Humphries 60), Lewis (Allen 70), Leete.