Vets win tough clash
Royston Town Vets 2 Sandy Vets 1 ROYSTON Town Vets completed their home fixtures for the season with a hard-earned 2-1 victory over old rivals Sandy Vets. With the pace of Kevin Barthrop and Nick Humphries stretching the visitors defence, chances started
Royston Town Vets 2 Sandy Vets 1
ROYSTON Town Vets completed their home fixtures for the season with a hard-earned 2-1 victory over old rivals Sandy Vets.
With the pace of Kevin Barthrop and Nick Humphries stretching the visitors' defence, chances started to fall to Town.
After 20 minutes Paul Lewis latched on to a loose ball on the edge of the box and calmly slotted home Town's first goal.
You may also want to watch:
The lively and youthful Sandy forward line began to create some pressure but Town's defence remained in control. With Holden winning the ball in midfield and creating openings Town looked the more likely to team to score.
A good move down the left put Lewis away and his pin-point cross into the six-yard area was met by Daryl Quinn who made no mistake from close range.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
Sandy deservedly reduced the deficit when Town's defence failed to clear the danger and a Sandy player latched onto the loose ball and drove the ball firmly past Merv Chaffey.
Colin MacArthur went close to extending Town's lead but his shot was well-saved at point blank range.
Royston Town Vets: Chaffey; King, Bowers, Flack, Allen; Barthrop, Quinn, Holden, Humphries; Lewis, C. McArthur. (Subs): Cannon, Smith.