Vets score four
TOWN Vets were comfortable 4-1 winners in a sporting game against Walkern Vets. Town were quickly into their stride and it took only five minutes to breach the visitors defence and take the lead. Paul Lewis was put through down the left wing and his accu
TOWN Vets were comfortable 4-1 winners in a sporting game against Walkern Vets.
Town were quickly into their stride and it took only five minutes to breach the visitors' defence and take the lead. Paul Lewis was put through down the left wing and his accurate cross found Nick Humphries who headed in at the near post.
Town continued to dominate and went further ahead when Lewis again crossed for Peter Leete who guided the ball home.
Town always looked the more threatening and extended their lead on the half-hour mark when Leete headed over the 'keeper from Adam Smith's cross.
You may also want to watch:
It was four shortly afterwards when Walkern generously gave the ball away on the edge of the penalty area before Leete completed yet another hat-trick.
In a rare attack by the visitors Dobson saved well at close range but was beaten in the last minute by a 30-yard lob.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
Royston Town Vets: S.Dobson, A. Smith, K Flack, B. Cannon, G.Pinner, C.Silenti, M.McQueen, N.Humphries, T.Cover, P.Leete, P.Lewis. Sub: I.Allen.