Vets score four
TOWN Vets were comfortable 4-1 winners in a sporting game against Walkern Vets. Town were quickly into their stride and it took only five minutes to breach the visitors defence and take the lead. Paul Lewis was put through down the left wing and his accu
TOWN Vets were comfortable 4-1 winners in a sporting game against Walkern Vets.
Town were quickly into their stride and it took only five minutes to breach the visitors' defence and take the lead. Paul Lewis was put through down the left wing and his accurate cross found Nick Humphries who headed in at the near post.
Town continued to dominate and went further ahead when Lewis again crossed for Peter Leete who guided the ball home.
Town always looked the more threatening and extended their lead on the half-hour mark when Leete headed over the 'keeper from Adam Smith's cross.
You may also want to watch:
It was four shortly afterwards when Walkern generously gave the ball away on the edge of the penalty area before Leete completed yet another hat-trick.
In a rare attack by the visitors Dobson saved well at close range but was beaten in the last minute by a 30-yard lob.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Royston Town Vets: S.Dobson, A. Smith, K Flack, B. Cannon, G.Pinner, C.Silenti, M.McQueen, N.Humphries, T.Cover, P.Leete, P.Lewis. Sub: I.Allen.