Vets score four
TOWN Vets were comfortable 4-1 winners in a sporting game against Walkern Vets. Town were quickly into their stride and it took only five minutes to breach the visitors defence and take the lead. Paul Lewis was put through down the left wing and his accu
TOWN Vets were comfortable 4-1 winners in a sporting game against Walkern Vets.
Town were quickly into their stride and it took only five minutes to breach the visitors' defence and take the lead. Paul Lewis was put through down the left wing and his accurate cross found Nick Humphries who headed in at the near post.
Town continued to dominate and went further ahead when Lewis again crossed for Peter Leete who guided the ball home.
Town always looked the more threatening and extended their lead on the half-hour mark when Leete headed over the 'keeper from Adam Smith's cross.
It was four shortly afterwards when Walkern generously gave the ball away on the edge of the penalty area before Leete completed yet another hat-trick.
In a rare attack by the visitors Dobson saved well at close range but was beaten in the last minute by a 30-yard lob.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 5 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 6 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 7 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
Royston Town Vets: S.Dobson, A. Smith, K Flack, B. Cannon, G.Pinner, C.Silenti, M.McQueen, N.Humphries, T.Cover, P.Leete, P.Lewis. Sub: I.Allen.