Vets put six past Litlington
Royston Town Vets 6 Litlington Vets 2
ROYSTON TOWN VETS secured a comfortable win against Litlington Vets at the weekend.
Town made a slow start to the game at Garden Walk and the visitors deservedly took the lead after 20 minutes when a Litlington forward latched onto a long through ball and outpaced the Town defence to beat goalkeeper Simon Dobson.
Town began to get their passing game going and, after a sustained period of pressure, the ball was crossed to Graham Hagger who made no mistake with a fiercely-driven right-foot volley to bring Town level.
Paul Lewis and Peter Leete had to work hard up front against a well-organised defence to create openings but it was Kevin Barthrop who put Town 2-1 ahead to maintain his excellent goal-scoring record for the Vets.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half the visitors’ first half efforts began to take their toll on their energy levels and Town exploited the extra space to take command of the game. Lewis set up Hagger to score with a simple header before Hagger then scored with another header to record his first hat-trick for the Vets.
Humphries added a fifth goal with a well-struck left footer before Litlington reduced the arrears with their second goal when Stuart Moulding lost possession on the edge of the penalty area and the Litlington forward pounced to give Dobson no chance.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Barthrop scored Town’s sixth and final goal with a shot from the right wing that soared over the ‘keeper’s head into the top left corner of the goal.
Royston Town Vets: Dobson, Smith, King (Flack 55), Moulding, Pinner (Allen 70), Humphries, Hagger (Cannon 65), Moulding, Barthrop, Lewis, Leete.