Vets plough on despite snowfall
Cambridge Vets 2 Royston Town Vets 9 A SNOWFALL just before kick-off wasn t enough to stop Royston from scoring an avalanche of goals. Town took the lead after 10 minutes when Glen Humphries won the ball on the right of Cambridge s 18 yard box, cut into t
Cambridge Vets 2 Royston Town Vets 9
A SNOWFALL just before kick-off wasn't enough to stop Royston from scoring an avalanche of goals.
Town took the lead after 10 minutes when Glen Humphries won the ball on the right of Cambridge's 18 yard box, cut into the box and drove a shot past the home keeper into the far corner.
Paul Lewis then scored the first of his three goals with a powerful header, before adding his second of the game. Both were set up by Nick Humphries.
You may also want to watch:
The second half began with Royston conceding a penalty after Kevin Flack was adjudged to have fouled a Cambridge player but the Crows immediately hit back when Peter Leete raced on to a Glen Humphries pass to score his first of the game.
He then scored his second with a headed goal.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Chocks away! Phillips and Nunn bag Spitfire Salver at Heydon Grange Golf Club
Lewis added his third of the game when he stroked home a penalty, Steve Holden got his first for Royston moments later and the Crows final goal of the match was scored by Daryl Quinn who slid the ball in at the far post to finish off yet another good Nick Humphries' cross.
Cambridge were able to grab one more goal before the final whistle when Trevor George headed past Colin McArthur.
Royston Vets: McArthur, Stubbs, Bowers, Holden, Smith, Quinn, Harris, G Humphries, N Humphries, Lewis, Leete, Flack, Allen.