Vets plough on despite snowfall
Cambridge Vets 2 Royston Town Vets 9 A SNOWFALL just before kick-off wasn t enough to stop Royston from scoring an avalanche of goals. Town took the lead after 10 minutes when Glen Humphries won the ball on the right of Cambridge s 18 yard box, cut into t
Cambridge Vets 2 Royston Town Vets 9
A SNOWFALL just before kick-off wasn't enough to stop Royston from scoring an avalanche of goals.
Town took the lead after 10 minutes when Glen Humphries won the ball on the right of Cambridge's 18 yard box, cut into the box and drove a shot past the home keeper into the far corner.
Paul Lewis then scored the first of his three goals with a powerful header, before adding his second of the game. Both were set up by Nick Humphries.
You may also want to watch:
The second half began with Royston conceding a penalty after Kevin Flack was adjudged to have fouled a Cambridge player but the Crows immediately hit back when Peter Leete raced on to a Glen Humphries pass to score his first of the game.
He then scored his second with a headed goal.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
Lewis added his third of the game when he stroked home a penalty, Steve Holden got his first for Royston moments later and the Crows final goal of the match was scored by Daryl Quinn who slid the ball in at the far post to finish off yet another good Nick Humphries' cross.
Cambridge were able to grab one more goal before the final whistle when Trevor George headed past Colin McArthur.
Royston Vets: McArthur, Stubbs, Bowers, Holden, Smith, Quinn, Harris, G Humphries, N Humphries, Lewis, Leete, Flack, Allen.