Vets plough on despite snowfall
Cambridge Vets 2 Royston Town Vets 9 A SNOWFALL just before kick-off wasn t enough to stop Royston from scoring an avalanche of goals. Town took the lead after 10 minutes when Glen Humphries won the ball on the right of Cambridge s 18 yard box, cut into t
Cambridge Vets 2 Royston Town Vets 9
A SNOWFALL just before kick-off wasn't enough to stop Royston from scoring an avalanche of goals.
Town took the lead after 10 minutes when Glen Humphries won the ball on the right of Cambridge's 18 yard box, cut into the box and drove a shot past the home keeper into the far corner.
Paul Lewis then scored the first of his three goals with a powerful header, before adding his second of the game. Both were set up by Nick Humphries.
The second half began with Royston conceding a penalty after Kevin Flack was adjudged to have fouled a Cambridge player but the Crows immediately hit back when Peter Leete raced on to a Glen Humphries pass to score his first of the game.
He then scored his second with a headed goal.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 4 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 5 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 6 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 9 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
Lewis added his third of the game when he stroked home a penalty, Steve Holden got his first for Royston moments later and the Crows final goal of the match was scored by Daryl Quinn who slid the ball in at the far post to finish off yet another good Nick Humphries' cross.
Cambridge were able to grab one more goal before the final whistle when Trevor George headed past Colin McArthur.
Royston Vets: McArthur, Stubbs, Bowers, Holden, Smith, Quinn, Harris, G Humphries, N Humphries, Lewis, Leete, Flack, Allen.