Vets play six-y football
Royston Town Vets 6 Standon and Puckeridge Vets 2 ROYSTON Town Vets produced some of their best football of the season to beat a competitive Standon and Puckeridge team in difficult conditions at Garden Walk on Sunday. A lot of the early play was fought o
Royston Town Vets 6 Standon and Puckeridge Vets 2
ROYSTON Town Vets produced some of their best football of the season to beat a competitive Standon and Puckeridge team in difficult conditions at Garden Walk on Sunday.
A lot of the early play was fought out in the middle third of the field but after 20 minutes Town took the lead when Paul Lewis crossed from the left wing to set up strike partner Peter Leete to coolly slot home.
Nick King released Dave Daniels down the right and the speedy midfielder outpaced the visiting defence to score Town's second goal and Town continued to edge play in the second half with Leete extending Town's lead when he converted another pass from Lewis.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors reduced the arrears when Town's defence were for once caught square and an opposition forward gave McArthur no chance from close range.
Yet Town made it 4-1 when Adam Smith sent in an excellent cross from the right touchline to find Leete at the back post who headed in to complete the perfect hat-trick.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
Nick Humphries added Town's fifth goal before Standon and Puckeridge reduced the arrears again, but Daniels completed the scoring with a right foot volley that beat the 'keeper at the near post.
Royston Town Vets squad: McArthur, King, Cannon, Smith, Flack, Daniels, Tony, Humphries, McQueen, Leete, Lewis, Dobson, King, Allen.
Town travel to Guilden Morden next Sunday.