Vets owe victory to the mighty Quinn
Royston Town Vets 1 Goldin Old Boys 0 A DARYL Quinn second-half winner saved the Vets blushes in a game they dominated from the start. However, after failing to turn their superiority into what should have been a much more convincing win, Royston were c
Royston Town Vets 1 Goldin Old Boys 0
A DARYL Quinn second-half winner saved the Vets' blushes in a game they dominated from the start.
However, after failing to turn their superiority into what should have been a much more convincing win, Royston were certainly made to work.
And when Town looked their most dangerous, it was the elegant Quinn who looked the most threatening, twisting and turning the Old Boys' defence at every opportunity.
You may also want to watch:
Despite their territorial advantage, the Vets struggled to trouble the visiting keeper, and although tempers became frayed at one stage, the first half petered out with no goals.
Colin McArthur replaced Merv Chaffey in goal for the second half, and became a virtual spectator as the hosts dominated the game.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
And after lots of huffing and puffing they finally took the lead 15 minutes from time, when Quinn coolly slotted home a cross from the left.
It was a workmanlike performance from Town, although their inability to create chances will no doubt be questioned.
Royston Town Vets: Chaffey, Jackson, Stubbs, Flack, Bowers, Silenti, Quinn, K Barthrop, Leete, Lewis, Humphries. (Subs): McArthur, Glenn, Cannon, Crawley, Allen.