Vets overcome Hemingford
Hemingford Vets 1 Royston Town Vets 3
ROYSTON TOWN Vets produced an excellent second half performance to come away with a win against a skilful Hemingford side.
Town enjoyed good possession in the first half but while Nick Humphries delivered several fine crosses from the left wing they did not result in many clear-cut chances.
One opening fell to Paul Lewis in the six yard area but he shot straight at the home ‘keeper. Hemingford always looked threatening on the break and when they won a corner on the left a home forward got his head to the high cross to give the hosts the lead.
Town went on the attack in the second half and their positive approach earned them due rewards. Midway through the half Town’s pressure paid off when the home defence failed to clear the ball and Carlo Silenti stabbed home the equaliser.
You may also want to watch:
Town began to look dangerous with every attack with the pace of Humphries and Dave Daniels causing all sorts of problems. The home ‘keeper was caught out of position when Daniels fired in a shot from the edge of the penalty area and the goal-bound effort was saved on the goal line by the hand of a defender. Mark Saggers coolly slotted home the resultant penalty.
Adam Smith then hit a brilliant free kick only to see the ball rebound off the corner of the upright and bar. Town deservedly extended their lead and completed the scoring when Daniels headed in a fine right wing cross from Smith.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Next Sunday, Town entertain Whittlesford Vets in the Cambs Invitation Cup.