Vets need to up their game to stay up
Royston Tennis Club round-up, plus news of Easter holiday tennis sessions for adults and kids
THE Cambridgeshire Vets season is nearing the end with only a few more matches to play. Royston Vets First Team lost 8-0 to Cambridge with a team of Pru Burton, Mike Fellingham, Sally Muddiman and Roger Maybury. The team has two remaining matches which they will need to draw or win to stay in Division One.
The IIs have finished their season on a high note in Division Three by winning the last match 8-0 against Gransdens II, players were John Holmes, David Addison, Emma Windred and Christine Knight.
The IIIs suffered a 7-1 defeat at home to Huntingdon, with a team of Ros Godward, Vicky Hawkins, Doug Higgins and Pete Goodbody. They have one more match to play.
You may also want to watch:
The beginning of the new club year started on Sunday, and new membership forms and the new summer club programmes can be obtained on the website www.roystontennis.co.uk. The club coach is running Easter camps starting April 3 for kids and adult beginners so see coaching site www.mftenniscoaching.co.uk for times and availability.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event