Vets need to up their game to stay up
Royston Tennis Club round-up, plus news of Easter holiday tennis sessions for adults and kids
THE Cambridgeshire Vets season is nearing the end with only a few more matches to play. Royston Vets First Team lost 8-0 to Cambridge with a team of Pru Burton, Mike Fellingham, Sally Muddiman and Roger Maybury. The team has two remaining matches which they will need to draw or win to stay in Division One.
The IIs have finished their season on a high note in Division Three by winning the last match 8-0 against Gransdens II, players were John Holmes, David Addison, Emma Windred and Christine Knight.
The IIIs suffered a 7-1 defeat at home to Huntingdon, with a team of Ros Godward, Vicky Hawkins, Doug Higgins and Pete Goodbody. They have one more match to play.
You may also want to watch:
The beginning of the new club year started on Sunday, and new membership forms and the new summer club programmes can be obtained on the website www.roystontennis.co.uk. The club coach is running Easter camps starting April 3 for kids and adult beginners so see coaching site www.mftenniscoaching.co.uk for times and availability.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms