Vets in charge from the start
Fox & Duck 1 Royston Vets 3 ROYSTON were comfortable winners over Therfield s Fox & Duck in an entertaining derby match. Town soon began to create chances, with Peter Leete causing problems for the home defence, and Carlo Silenti and Steve Holden enjoy
Fox & Duck 1
Royston Vets 3
ROYSTON were comfortable winners over Therfield's Fox & Duck in an entertaining derby match.
Town soon began to create chances, with Peter Leete causing problems for the home defence, and Carlo Silenti and Steve Holden enjoying good possession in midfield.
You may also want to watch:
They took the lead after 15 minutes when Silenti finished coolly following good approach work from Leete, Humphries, and Harris.
A second goal followed soon after when Holden found space in the six-yard area and headed past the keeper.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
Then a Fox & Duck defender deflected a left wing cross from John in at the near post.
When the home team did attack goal attempts were comfortably dealt with by Town's keeper Colin McArthur.
The second half was more even, but one glorious opportunity was created by Leete, who unselfishly laid the ball across the six-yard box for Humphries who blazed over the bar.
Fox & Duck grabbed a late consolation with a lob over McArthur.
- Royston Town Vets face Cambridge Vets at Great Wilbraham on Sunday.
Royston Town Vets: McArthur; Stubbs, Bowers, Flack, Allen; Humphries, Silenti, Holden, Harris; John, Leete. (Sub): Crawley.