Vets in charge from the start
Fox & Duck 1 Royston Vets 3 ROYSTON were comfortable winners over Therfield s Fox & Duck in an entertaining derby match. Town soon began to create chances, with Peter Leete causing problems for the home defence, and Carlo Silenti and Steve Holden enjoy
Fox & Duck 1
Royston Vets 3
ROYSTON were comfortable winners over Therfield's Fox & Duck in an entertaining derby match.
Town soon began to create chances, with Peter Leete causing problems for the home defence, and Carlo Silenti and Steve Holden enjoying good possession in midfield.
They took the lead after 15 minutes when Silenti finished coolly following good approach work from Leete, Humphries, and Harris.
A second goal followed soon after when Holden found space in the six-yard area and headed past the keeper.
- 1 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 2 Grandad celebrates 18th sailing championship win
- 3 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 4 Vintage tractor run to raise money for churches
- 5 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 6 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 7 'Hitchin is the only place I've felt accepted'
- 8 Johnson Matthey to build £80 million 'gigafactory' in Royston
- 9 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 10 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
Then a Fox & Duck defender deflected a left wing cross from John in at the near post.
When the home team did attack goal attempts were comfortably dealt with by Town's keeper Colin McArthur.
The second half was more even, but one glorious opportunity was created by Leete, who unselfishly laid the ball across the six-yard box for Humphries who blazed over the bar.
Fox & Duck grabbed a late consolation with a lob over McArthur.
- Royston Town Vets face Cambridge Vets at Great Wilbraham on Sunday.
Royston Town Vets: McArthur; Stubbs, Bowers, Flack, Allen; Humphries, Silenti, Holden, Harris; John, Leete. (Sub): Crawley.