Vets in charge from the start
Fox & Duck 1 Royston Vets 3 ROYSTON were comfortable winners over Therfield s Fox & Duck in an entertaining derby match. Town soon began to create chances, with Peter Leete causing problems for the home defence, and Carlo Silenti and Steve Holden enjoy
Fox & Duck 1
Royston Vets 3
ROYSTON were comfortable winners over Therfield's Fox & Duck in an entertaining derby match.
Town soon began to create chances, with Peter Leete causing problems for the home defence, and Carlo Silenti and Steve Holden enjoying good possession in midfield.
You may also want to watch:
They took the lead after 15 minutes when Silenti finished coolly following good approach work from Leete, Humphries, and Harris.
A second goal followed soon after when Holden found space in the six-yard area and headed past the keeper.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
Then a Fox & Duck defender deflected a left wing cross from John in at the near post.
When the home team did attack goal attempts were comfortably dealt with by Town's keeper Colin McArthur.
The second half was more even, but one glorious opportunity was created by Leete, who unselfishly laid the ball across the six-yard box for Humphries who blazed over the bar.
Fox & Duck grabbed a late consolation with a lob over McArthur.
- Royston Town Vets face Cambridge Vets at Great Wilbraham on Sunday.
Royston Town Vets: McArthur; Stubbs, Bowers, Flack, Allen; Humphries, Silenti, Holden, Harris; John, Leete. (Sub): Crawley.