Vets' fine run continues
Royston Town Vets 5 Birchanger Vets 2 ROYSTON maintained their great start to the season with a convincing win over old rivals Birchanger. Town were in commanding form from the start but it took 25 minutes to finally convert their possession into goals
Royston Town Vets 5 Birchanger Vets 2
ROYSTON maintained their great start to the season with a convincing win over old rivals Birchanger.
Town were in commanding form from the start but it took 25 minutes to finally convert their possession into goals, and when the first one arrived it came via the penalty spot for handball, Paul Lewis converting the spot kick.
Then Glen Humphries hit a hopeful shot in at the near post to extend Town's lead.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Leete and Kevin Barthrop left the field with muscle strains and were replaced by Nick Humphries and Chris Bowers, but Town dominated the second half.
They deservedly opened up a three-goal lead when Nick Humphries was presented with an open goal from short range.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
Although Birchanger managed to pull one back, Humphries restored the three goal lead by finishing off a fine run down the left with an unstoppable shot.
Birchanger reduced the deficit again, but Town put the match beyond any doubt with a route one goal from Dickie Harris.
Royston Town Vets: Chaffey, Stubbs, Flack, Smith, Cooper, Humphries, Barthrop, Silenti, Quinn, Leete, Lewis, Humphries, Bowers, King, Harris, Allen.