Vets' fine run continues
Royston Town Vets 5 Birchanger Vets 2 ROYSTON maintained their great start to the season with a convincing win over old rivals Birchanger. Town were in commanding form from the start but it took 25 minutes to finally convert their possession into goals
Royston Town Vets 5 Birchanger Vets 2
ROYSTON maintained their great start to the season with a convincing win over old rivals Birchanger.
Town were in commanding form from the start but it took 25 minutes to finally convert their possession into goals, and when the first one arrived it came via the penalty spot for handball, Paul Lewis converting the spot kick.
Then Glen Humphries hit a hopeful shot in at the near post to extend Town's lead.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Leete and Kevin Barthrop left the field with muscle strains and were replaced by Nick Humphries and Chris Bowers, but Town dominated the second half.
They deservedly opened up a three-goal lead when Nick Humphries was presented with an open goal from short range.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 10 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
Although Birchanger managed to pull one back, Humphries restored the three goal lead by finishing off a fine run down the left with an unstoppable shot.
Birchanger reduced the deficit again, but Town put the match beyond any doubt with a route one goal from Dickie Harris.
Royston Town Vets: Chaffey, Stubbs, Flack, Smith, Cooper, Humphries, Barthrop, Silenti, Quinn, Leete, Lewis, Humphries, Bowers, King, Harris, Allen.