Vets' fine run continues
Royston Town Vets 5 Birchanger Vets 2 ROYSTON maintained their great start to the season with a convincing win over old rivals Birchanger. Town were in commanding form from the start but it took 25 minutes to finally convert their possession into goals
Royston Town Vets 5 Birchanger Vets 2
ROYSTON maintained their great start to the season with a convincing win over old rivals Birchanger.
Town were in commanding form from the start but it took 25 minutes to finally convert their possession into goals, and when the first one arrived it came via the penalty spot for handball, Paul Lewis converting the spot kick.
Then Glen Humphries hit a hopeful shot in at the near post to extend Town's lead.
Peter Leete and Kevin Barthrop left the field with muscle strains and were replaced by Nick Humphries and Chris Bowers, but Town dominated the second half.
They deservedly opened up a three-goal lead when Nick Humphries was presented with an open goal from short range.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 10 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
Although Birchanger managed to pull one back, Humphries restored the three goal lead by finishing off a fine run down the left with an unstoppable shot.
Birchanger reduced the deficit again, but Town put the match beyond any doubt with a route one goal from Dickie Harris.
Royston Town Vets: Chaffey, Stubbs, Flack, Smith, Cooper, Humphries, Barthrop, Silenti, Quinn, Leete, Lewis, Humphries, Bowers, King, Harris, Allen.