Vets' fine run continues
Royston Town Vets 5 Birchanger Vets 2 ROYSTON maintained their great start to the season with a convincing win over old rivals Birchanger. Town were in commanding form from the start but it took 25 minutes to finally convert their possession into goals
Royston Town Vets 5 Birchanger Vets 2
ROYSTON maintained their great start to the season with a convincing win over old rivals Birchanger.
Town were in commanding form from the start but it took 25 minutes to finally convert their possession into goals, and when the first one arrived it came via the penalty spot for handball, Paul Lewis converting the spot kick.
Then Glen Humphries hit a hopeful shot in at the near post to extend Town's lead.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Leete and Kevin Barthrop left the field with muscle strains and were replaced by Nick Humphries and Chris Bowers, but Town dominated the second half.
They deservedly opened up a three-goal lead when Nick Humphries was presented with an open goal from short range.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 3 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 10 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
Although Birchanger managed to pull one back, Humphries restored the three goal lead by finishing off a fine run down the left with an unstoppable shot.
Birchanger reduced the deficit again, but Town put the match beyond any doubt with a route one goal from Dickie Harris.
Royston Town Vets: Chaffey, Stubbs, Flack, Smith, Cooper, Humphries, Barthrop, Silenti, Quinn, Leete, Lewis, Humphries, Bowers, King, Harris, Allen.