Vets edge close game with Hemingford
Royston Town Vets 1 Hemingford Vets 0
TOWN Vets recorded a hard-fought win over a skilful and well-organised Hemingford at Garden Walk on Sunday.
There were places for Stuart Moulding, Mark Saggers and Kevin Barthrop who were all back having missed last week’s game.
The visitors started brightly with neat one-touch football but Town took the lead after 10 minutes when Nick Humphries struck a great cross from the left wing that went over both the defence and ‘keeper into the top corner of the net.
Play was then fairly even with both defences making life difficult for the opposing forwards.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half Town continued to work hard to hold onto their lead and again the best openings came from Town with Peter Leete and Paul Lewis linking up well up front and John Moulding, Adam Smith and Barthrop competing in midfield.
Hemingford thought they had equalised with 15 minutes to go but a desperate goal-line clearance by Kevin Flack frustrated the visitors.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
The Vets are at home to Linton Vets on Sunday in the Cambridge Invitation Cup.
Royston Town Vets: Dobson, Smith, King, S Moulding, Pinner, Humphries, M.Saggers, J Moulding, Barthrop, Lewis, Leete, Flack, Cannon, Allen.