Vets edge close game with Hemingford
Royston Town Vets 1 Hemingford Vets 0
TOWN Vets recorded a hard-fought win over a skilful and well-organised Hemingford at Garden Walk on Sunday.
There were places for Stuart Moulding, Mark Saggers and Kevin Barthrop who were all back having missed last week’s game.
The visitors started brightly with neat one-touch football but Town took the lead after 10 minutes when Nick Humphries struck a great cross from the left wing that went over both the defence and ‘keeper into the top corner of the net.
Play was then fairly even with both defences making life difficult for the opposing forwards.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half Town continued to work hard to hold onto their lead and again the best openings came from Town with Peter Leete and Paul Lewis linking up well up front and John Moulding, Adam Smith and Barthrop competing in midfield.
Hemingford thought they had equalised with 15 minutes to go but a desperate goal-line clearance by Kevin Flack frustrated the visitors.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 5 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
The Vets are at home to Linton Vets on Sunday in the Cambridge Invitation Cup.
Royston Town Vets: Dobson, Smith, King, S Moulding, Pinner, Humphries, M.Saggers, J Moulding, Barthrop, Lewis, Leete, Flack, Cannon, Allen.