Vets edge close game with Hemingford
Royston Town Vets 1 Hemingford Vets 0
TOWN Vets recorded a hard-fought win over a skilful and well-organised Hemingford at Garden Walk on Sunday.
There were places for Stuart Moulding, Mark Saggers and Kevin Barthrop who were all back having missed last week’s game.
The visitors started brightly with neat one-touch football but Town took the lead after 10 minutes when Nick Humphries struck a great cross from the left wing that went over both the defence and ‘keeper into the top corner of the net.
Play was then fairly even with both defences making life difficult for the opposing forwards.
In the second half Town continued to work hard to hold onto their lead and again the best openings came from Town with Peter Leete and Paul Lewis linking up well up front and John Moulding, Adam Smith and Barthrop competing in midfield.
Hemingford thought they had equalised with 15 minutes to go but a desperate goal-line clearance by Kevin Flack frustrated the visitors.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 4 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 7 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 10 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
The Vets are at home to Linton Vets on Sunday in the Cambridge Invitation Cup.
Royston Town Vets: Dobson, Smith, King, S Moulding, Pinner, Humphries, M.Saggers, J Moulding, Barthrop, Lewis, Leete, Flack, Cannon, Allen.