Vets draw eight-goal thriller
ROYSTON Town Vets maintained their unbeaten record in the Cambs Vets Invitation Cup but could only manage another draw in a fluctuating match that ended 4-4 against Saffron Walden Vets.
After an even first 20 minutes Town took the lead when Peter Leete converted a Nick Humphreys cross from the left, only for Saffron to quickly equalise.
Leete restored Town’s lead when he headed home Paddy Coughlin’s cross but again Saffron equalised with a penalty.
Early in the second half Town went behind for the first time in the match when another corner was headed in. John Moulding equalised with the sixth goal with a 25-yard effort only to concede again.
Town deservedly tied the match up at 4-4 following good work by Carlo Silenti who dribbled his way into the penalty area and laid the ball off to Leete who crashed a volley into the net from 20 yards.
You may also want to watch:
The result leaves Town still top of their league but near rivals Mount Pleasant can draw level on 11 points from their game in hand. Town must win their last game against Linton Aztecs to have a chance of progressing to the semi-finals.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange