Vets draw eight-goal thriller
ROYSTON Town Vets maintained their unbeaten record in the Cambs Vets Invitation Cup but could only manage another draw in a fluctuating match that ended 4-4 against Saffron Walden Vets.
After an even first 20 minutes Town took the lead when Peter Leete converted a Nick Humphreys cross from the left, only for Saffron to quickly equalise.
Leete restored Town’s lead when he headed home Paddy Coughlin’s cross but again Saffron equalised with a penalty.
Early in the second half Town went behind for the first time in the match when another corner was headed in. John Moulding equalised with the sixth goal with a 25-yard effort only to concede again.
Town deservedly tied the match up at 4-4 following good work by Carlo Silenti who dribbled his way into the penalty area and laid the ball off to Leete who crashed a volley into the net from 20 yards.
You may also want to watch:
The result leaves Town still top of their league but near rivals Mount Pleasant can draw level on 11 points from their game in hand. Town must win their last game against Linton Aztecs to have a chance of progressing to the semi-finals.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court