Vets draw eight-goal thriller
ROYSTON Town Vets maintained their unbeaten record in the Cambs Vets Invitation Cup but could only manage another draw in a fluctuating match that ended 4-4 against Saffron Walden Vets.
After an even first 20 minutes Town took the lead when Peter Leete converted a Nick Humphreys cross from the left, only for Saffron to quickly equalise.
Leete restored Town’s lead when he headed home Paddy Coughlin’s cross but again Saffron equalised with a penalty.
Early in the second half Town went behind for the first time in the match when another corner was headed in. John Moulding equalised with the sixth goal with a 25-yard effort only to concede again.
Town deservedly tied the match up at 4-4 following good work by Carlo Silenti who dribbled his way into the penalty area and laid the ball off to Leete who crashed a volley into the net from 20 yards.
The result leaves Town still top of their league but near rivals Mount Pleasant can draw level on 11 points from their game in hand. Town must win their last game against Linton Aztecs to have a chance of progressing to the semi-finals.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure