ROYSTON Town Vets were unlucky to come away from their match with Hemingford empty handed. They found themselves one down after the first attack from Hemingford when the ball was crossed from the left wing and headed in over Simon Dobson into the top co
ROYSTON Town Vets were unlucky to come away from their match with Hemingford empty handed.
They found themselves one down after the first attack from Hemingford when the ball was crossed from the left wing and headed in over Simon Dobson into the top corner of the goal.
The hosts then extended their lead following a long ball down the middle that found Town's defence square and the centre forward poked the ball past the advancing Dobson.
Town did reduce the arrears when John Moulding fired home for his first goal for Vets after good work from Leete.
You may also want to watch:
Town dominated the second half and created a number of good chances but couldn't find an equaliser and it was Hemingford who scored next from a breakaway to extend their lead to 3-1.
Matt McQueen scored from close range to put Town within one goal of the hosts but in the end they ran out of time and were left empty handed.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Vets: S.Dobson, J Moulding, K Flack, B. Cannon, G.Pinner, K.Barthrop, C.Silenti, M.McQueen, N.Humphries, P.Leete, P.Lewis. Subs: T.Cover, N.King, I.Allen.