ROYSTON Town Vets were unlucky to come away from their match with Hemingford empty handed. They found themselves one down after the first attack from Hemingford when the ball was crossed from the left wing and headed in over Simon Dobson into the top co
ROYSTON Town Vets were unlucky to come away from their match with Hemingford empty handed.
They found themselves one down after the first attack from Hemingford when the ball was crossed from the left wing and headed in over Simon Dobson into the top corner of the goal.
The hosts then extended their lead following a long ball down the middle that found Town's defence square and the centre forward poked the ball past the advancing Dobson.
Town did reduce the arrears when John Moulding fired home for his first goal for Vets after good work from Leete.
You may also want to watch:
Town dominated the second half and created a number of good chances but couldn't find an equaliser and it was Hemingford who scored next from a breakaway to extend their lead to 3-1.
Matt McQueen scored from close range to put Town within one goal of the hosts but in the end they ran out of time and were left empty handed.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
Vets: S.Dobson, J Moulding, K Flack, B. Cannon, G.Pinner, K.Barthrop, C.Silenti, M.McQueen, N.Humphries, P.Leete, P.Lewis. Subs: T.Cover, N.King, I.Allen.