Veterans turn on the power
ROYSTON Tennis Club s first team vets have been in action with a resounding 8-0 thrashing of Fulbourn. Christine Knight, John Holmes, Pru Burton and Mike Fellingham impressed throughout, with the team now promoted to Division Two. The club s summer se
ROYSTON Tennis Club's first team vets have been in action with a resounding 8-0 thrashing of Fulbourn.
Christine Knight, John Holmes, Pru Burton and Mike Fellingham impressed throughout, with the team now promoted to Division Two.
The club's summer season starts at the weekend, with the junior mini first and second teams (Royston Tigers) in action against Letchworth and Buntingford respectively.
The club opened the summer season with the first evening sessions last week, and will be playing every day over the next six months.
You may also want to watch:
For full details of times, membership, coaching, junior clubs and contacts visit the club website on www.royston-tennis.co.uk
THE re-arranged opening of Buntingford Tennis Club takes place on Sunday at the courts in Bowling Green Lane.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
The initial opening had been set for the Easter bank holiday week, but fell victim to the weather.
Organisers and coaches Liz Wade, John Littleford, and Tracy Llewellyn re-arranged the date for this Sunday.
Liz said: "The scheduled weekend was a wash out, so we'll be opening this Sunday instead.
"It should be a good day and we have lots going on."
The event is open to families and people of all ages and abilities, with taster coaching sessions. It will run from 10.30am-12.30pm at the courts in Bowling Green Lane, Buntingford.