Veterans’ 3rds crowned Cambs LTA Vets League Division 5 champions
- Credit: Getty Images/Comstock Images
Royston Tennis Club’s Veterans’ 3rd team have been crowned Division 5 champions in the 2015 Cambridgeshire LTA Vets League.
They achieved the feat by winning matches eight sets to zero on three occasions, and remaining unbeaten in all their matches.
Their last match, at home against Histon 2nds, was extremely close, but Royston came away with the win, claiming the victory five sets to three. Players on the day were Sue Addison, John Holmes, Debbie Sheppard and Tony Woods.
The other veterans teams had a tougher time. The Veterans’ first team finished in fifth place in Division 1 and the Veterans’ 2nds finished in fourth place in Division 2.
Royston Tennis Club welcomes new members and has just launched a new adult coaching programme suited to players of all skill levels. Sessions include Tennis Xpress, a new type of coaching in which players learn the basics of tennis over the course of just a few weeks, using a variety of coaching aids.
You may also want to watch:
This is perfect for adults looking to get into the sport for the first time or after a long break. Cardio Tennis is also on offer – this is a fun form of tennis with a focus on improving fitness, where player movement and activity is most important. Players can also play Touch Tennis, where tennis is played on a smaller court, making it easier for players of all skill levels to compete.
For more information, visit www.roystontennis.co.uk.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks